Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: What should we do for lunch?
Little Caesers Pizza (about $3 per person) 6 37.50%
Taco Truck ($5 to $10 per person depending on # of participants) 1 6.25%
Everyone should just fend for themselves, survival of the fittest FTW. 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2009, 01:53 AM   #121

Like Cobra_Matt, the sooner you can get me in, the better!

~Seth
Old 02-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #122
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2osage View Post
Like Cobra_Matt, the sooner you can get me in, the better!

~Seth
Updated.

I added you in for a 10ish spot. I hope that will work for you.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #123

Just added my name... looking at the spreadsheet it doesnt look like there is 32 cars on it?

Thanks

Btw do all dynojet dyno's read the same? I have always done my runs on one dynojet and hope yours reads close and isnt totally high or totally low...
Old 02-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #124
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Just added my name... looking at the spreadsheet it doesnt look like there is 32 cars on it?

Thanks

Btw do all dynojet dyno's read the same? I have always done my runs on one dynojet and hope yours reads close and isnt totally high or totally low...
Hey Ian,

I have only added people with preference on the spreadsheet so far. Everyone else we'll just kind of manage on a first come, first serve basis. Your car is beautiful by the way. Do you have long tubes, or just a midpipe and catback? Just curious. I think you'll have no problem hitting 450rwhp. Bring ice to ice the blower down

Sean
Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Hey Ian,

I have only added people with preference on the spreadsheet so far. Everyone else we'll just kind of manage on a first come, first serve basis. Your car is beautiful by the way. Do you have long tubes, or just a midpipe and catback? Just curious. I think you'll have no problem hitting 450rwhp. Bring ice to ice the blower down

Sean
I see, well then I have really no preference on when I run.

Thank you very much, shes my baby...

And im really looking for a real world hp number.. never will i be able to ice my blower on the freeway or anything like that.. so i prob wont.

I am interested however in octane booster. What kind of gains have you seen from before and after. I have tried the Lucas brand as i was reccomended it and found it smooths out the car. I wouldnt imagine i would have ample time to put it in after the 2nd run and wait long enough for it to mix properly right?

Also, are these runs going to be with a wideband read out? I appologize if it was covered but i havent read through the 13 pages.. lol

My mod list:
MGW Orange Shifter
Aftermarket clutch
K&N Intake
TR6's
Fiore Micro Click Clutch Quadrant
2.8 Steeda Pulley
Billet Flow Idler
Invictus/APS cooling head mod
Maximum motorsports 4 point roll cage
Cobra R brembo's
Russell stainless lines
Hawk Pads in rear
Amazon racing tune
Full Bassani Exhaust (mid-lengths, catted x-pipe, and cat back)
Full Synthetics
Water Weter
Ram-air drier tube from bumper to K&N
Old 02-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #126
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
I see, well then I have really no preference on when I run.

Thank you very much, shes my baby...

And im really looking for a real world hp number.. never will i be able to ice my blower on the freeway or anything like that.. so i prob wont.

I am interested however in octane booster. What kind of gains have you seen from before and after. I have tried the Lucas brand as i was reccomended it and found it smooths out the car. I wouldnt imagine i would have ample time to put it in after the 2nd run and wait long enough for it to mix properly right?

Also, are these runs going to be with a wideband read out? I appologize if it was covered but i havent read through the 13 pages.. lol

My mod list:
MGW Orange Shifter
Aftermarket clutch
K&N Intake
TR6's
Fiore Micro Click Clutch Quadrant
2.8 Steeda Pulley
Billet Flow Idler
Invictus/APS cooling head mod
Maximum motorsports 4 point roll cage
Cobra R brembo's
Russell stainless lines
Hawk Pads in rear
Amazon racing tune
Full Bassani Exhaust (mid-lengths, catted x-pipe, and cat back)
Full Synthetics
Water Weter
Ram-air drier tube from bumper to K&N

I have a lot of the same mods, but you have more

They can do wideband if you already have a dongle for it and they can get to it easily as I recall.

I'm not big on octane boosters - the bottle stuff isn't supposed to do much of anything. If you're using something like Torco though that would do it. I'm not sure why you would need it actually. Did you actually get a dyno tune or did you mail order a chip from amazon?
Old 02-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I have a lot of the same mods, but you have more

They can do wideband if you already have a dongle for it and they can get to it easily as I recall.

I'm not big on octane boosters - the bottle stuff isn't supposed to do much of anything. If you're using something like Torco though that would do it. I'm not sure why you would need it actually. Did you actually get a dyno tune or did you mail order a chip from amazon?
Well thanks, far from as many as i want though..

Well i suppose i could pull a o2 from my x if they want to put it in there..no tail pipe wideband? Obviously it would be a little less effective after cat but i would like to log the A/F to check them..

I dont run a booster a lot but i had a tuning issue and found it (did) make the issue go away. Found out my plug gap was too tall. Took them down to .28 and my studder/chug went away.

I have been to the dyno i think like 4 or 5 times now. Every time i just send Rick at amazon my log files and he adjusts as necessary. So its kinda both

Apparently per the svtp site there are two more cars going that have almost 1000hp a 2valve and 4 valve.. pretty excited to see that!
Old 02-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #128
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Well thanks, far from as many as i want though..

Well i suppose i could pull a o2 from my x if they want to put it in there..no tail pipe wideband? Obviously it would be a little less effective after cat but i would like to log the A/F to check them..

I dont run a booster a lot but i had a tuning issue and found it (did) make the issue go away. Found out my plug gap was too tall. Took them down to .28 and my studder/chug went away.

I have been to the dyno i think like 4 or 5 times now. Every time i just send Rick at amazon my log files and he adjusts as necessary. So its kinda both

Apparently per the svtp site there are two more cars going that have almost 1000hp a 2valve and 4 valve.. pretty excited to see that!
Hmmm. I don't think Greg does wideband out the tailpipe generally. I don't know why you would be having tuning issues. I have a 2.76 upper with a K&N, a UPR catted x midpipe, and borla stingers and my tune has never had any problems that I've noticed. What kind of issues are you seeing?
Old 02-19-2009, 03:24 PM   #129

Well not so much issues since I have gotten my latest tune.

I have about 7k miles on my plugs and im just going to replace them to take that out of the equation. I was getting spark blow out (i think) before i re-gapped them and thought possibly it was injectors or possibly it was my tune. He sent me a new tune with 5% more fuel and a little less timing up top after i mentioned it to him. All seems well but ocasionally i will get a little "hickup" when its pulling usually from 4000-5500 somewhere in that range.

The first few times i was on the dyno (originally before these problems) it was in the lean range further then i would have liked. So i sent him the logs, he adjusted and i went back a few times till we got to where i am now. It has since gotten better but being that they are not cheap motors being spot on would be great for me.

I can only assume with the headers it makes the car harder and different to tune then others without?

oh and nice mods! i cant wait to hear what your car sounds like.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:25 PM   #130

dibs on the 11:00 spot.. maybe throw the speed3 in the other open one