Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #1

Thumbs down SVO is down

Guess my car is added to the long list of cars for motorgen that aren't running. I would say lol, but it's not very funny cause it's my DD :/

Car was running fine for months. Drove it back and forth from LA for hours. Pulled up in front of my house and revved my engine. and all of the sudden, bogging, right when i fire it up the car starts stumbling, and won't hardly accelerate. Changed the 27 year old FPR on it, didn't make a change. Getting a fuel pressure tester today to see what the deal is. Took the TPS off just to check what it looked like. It's mangled to hell, getting a new one tonight to see if that will help. Not quite sure whats going on!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Sounds like an ignition issue, not a fuel issue. How did the plugs look? How does it run if you unplug the MAF?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Sounds like an ignition issue, not a fuel issue. How did the plugs look? How does it run if you unplug the MAF?
My car uses a VAM meter, not a maf setup. I think i might know the culprit, but i have to check it when i get home, my top mount intercooler is put on but the t bolt clamps i used were a little too small to fit around the hoses and intercooler, so im thinking when i revved it up it just popped off. I'm hoping that's the only issue. I'm going to post up if that fixes it when i get home.

If that doesn't fix it, it might also be my tps, because when i took it off it looks like the previous owner hit it with a dremel tool. So it might be jumping the tooth.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

You're right, its been a while since I tinkered on an svo. Also check the iac, when the one on the 87 died it gave me all kinds of driveability problems. Not that would change WOT performance but you never now, you could have a couple of problems at once, its a fox they are finiky bitches
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!