Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-04-2007, 04:20 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Thinking about buying a new grocery getter.

Well my neon failed on me (pistons hit 14 of the 16 valves, anyone want a souvenir?) and it's almost all fixed, and when it is, I think that I'm going to sell it and buy...

A 2005-2006 Jeep Liberty 2.7 4cyl turbo diesel 5 speed automatic. I know, I know, keep your skirts on. This is why: I need something to haul my jet skiis around, and I want something that I can drive on the sand. But at the same time I want something new and comfortable with good gas mileage. The diesel engine has 295 ft lbs of torque, stock, and it gets 21 mpg in the city. Confirmed by several sources. And that's the automatic 4WD model, the 2WD model is probably a little better. This would be a perfect all around second car for me. What do you guys think? Am I a f*g?

Even with a lift and big tires this thing should do ok on gas in the city. 18 maybe... I can live with that.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:53 AM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I actually like the diesel Liberty quite a bit. I was looking at them at one point for another friend. They're going for what, the low 20's used?
Old 12-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette
Well my neon failed on me (pistons hit 14 of the 16 valves, anyone want a souvenir?) and it's almost all fixed, and when it is, I think that I'm going to sell it and buy...

A 2005-2006 Jeep Liberty 2.7 4cyl turbo diesel 5 speed automatic. I know, I know, keep your skirts on. This is why: I need something to haul my jet skiis around, and I want something that I can drive on the sand. But at the same time I want something new and comfortable with good gas mileage. The diesel engine has 295 ft lbs of torque, stock, and it gets 21 mpg in the city. Confirmed by several sources. And that's the automatic 4WD model, the 2WD model is probably a little better. This would be a perfect all around second car for me. What do you guys think? Am I a f*g?

Even with a lift and big tires this thing should do ok on gas in the city. 18 maybe... I can live with that.
I've had a Wrangler since 91 and I love it. Jeeps, like Corvettes, have a very distinctive character. I think it's a good choice . . ., but what's the towing capacity? Someday, I want to track the Vette hard and probably should be able to trailer it (to carry parts and bring it home when it breaks), so I've thought about this towing issue too.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki
...Someday, I want to track the Vette hard and probably should be able to trailer it (to carry parts and bring it home when it breaks), so I've thought about this towing issue too.
I've thought about that too, it would be nice to be able to tow a car. The towing capacity is 5K lbs I believe. More than enough for what I would be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk
I actually like the diesel Liberty quite a bit. I was looking at them at one point for another friend. They're going for what, the low 20's used?
Yeah, the ones that I was looking at were 18K. I would have to buy out of state almost definitely, but I'm game.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette
I've thought about that too, it would be nice to be able to tow a car. The towing capacity is 5K lbs I believe. More than enough for what I would be doing. . .
What's the wheel base on the liberty? I wouldn't want to tow even a slightly long trailer with weight on it with the Wrangler.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Wrangler:
Wheelbase 2-door: 95.4 in (2423 mm)
4-door: 116 in. (2945 mm)

Liberty:

Wheelbase 104.2 in (2647 mm)
Old 12-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk
Wrangler:
Wheelbase 2-door: 95.4 in (2423 mm)
4-door: 116 in. (2945 mm)

Liberty:

Wheelbase 104.2 in (2647 mm)

That's probably a lot better. In my case I'd just use my mom's Dodge Cummins King Cab. It has a wheel base of about 37 feet.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)