Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default So much shit!

Well everything is going crazy for me. I have been gearing up to leave SD and move to Hawaii. I qualified command and selected for XO. I was following the Commodore to Pearl which was to line me up for a SSN Xo tour. Well I was underway this last week and the LCDR results were released. Well due to cuts and downsizing after the war I was not selected and I am planning on separating beginning of next year. First time job searching since I was 17. The lady is also pregnant (Yay!). SHIT FUCK ASS!
The good thing is that I pretty much have a few things lined up already in Program Management and Acquisitions. I time to be picky though.
The Vette is moving forward. It's been at TOPFLIGHT Corvette getting a Cage and a ton of corrective maintenance. Exhaust has been rebuilt with Magnaflows and the Catalyst have been removed. Let me know if anyone's interested in C6 parts or high flow cats.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Things will work out Carlos.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

First of all. Congratulations on constructing a new human being, mostly Sarah's work, but I'm sure you'll be a good pa.

Do you mean leaving the Navy by separating?

What do you mean "Program Management and Acquisitions"?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Internet Tough Guy

Not sure if I will be separating. It's kind of weird do to my time in service and the fact that I'm prior enlisted. The possibilities are that I can return to my enlisted rate plus a rank until I retire. Navy retirement is high three so I will get my officer retirement regardless. I would be basically worthless as an enlisted man since I have lost all my qualifications due to ring out so long. I could remain a LT until retirement, or I can desperate And take the seperation pay. If I do separate the I am entitled to seperation pay.
Program management and acquisitions are both career fields that I would look into. Program management is where a lot of nuclear officers go when they retire. It's basically means owning every aspect of a project to ensure it comes in on budget on time and meets all the requirements sprinkle some process improvement, training and manning and you have program management. Acquisitions is the same thing, but for DOD. It's everything from the development of new technologies to fielding new systems. I have history in both. I was the assistant deputy for the design center at SPAWAR and even got a Acquisitions excellence award in 2009 just before I started my last sub tour. The problem is that back in the early 2000s when I got commissioned they used to make 1500 LCDRs a year to they needed enough new officers to hit that number with attrition. Now attrition is low and they are only making 600 LCDRs a year. So thier is a back log of good guys that are making it late that are taking it from the guys in zone. Every year less and less guys are making it late and less guys are making it overall. It's a numbers game I understand. The thing that frustrates me most if that they take it out of the war fighting communities first before the support communities. The support communities are basically guys that could not continue for some reason like medical or poor performance. The problem is that you cannot join the navy directly as one of these supporting communities (except jag or medical). So they have to advance in order maintain manning. In the end they promote at a much higher rate than the guys fighting ships and leading men.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Well, I'd love to see you separate and enter the private markets. A person with your skills and ability would be a great addition to the productive sector. JMO. I wish you the best personally, whatever you decide to do.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Ya I'm sure you'll be fine. Everyone I know that left the military with tech skills found a well paying tech job.

Congrats btw!