Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default CC Processing

I was just going to PM Ron, but figured, heck someone else might learn from this too.

Time to find a solution for our little business.

What's the cheapest/best solution for a relatively small number of monthly transactions at a single location?

Several major vendors provide some form of service.

-PeachTree our accounting package. May be nice since it integrates directly but maybe any system will.

-Costco provides some kind of card processing service.

-ADP, who does all our payroll and other services provides some kind of CC service as well.

I know you're mostly related to the equipment, but can you shed some light on the subject and make some general recommendations?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Ben, I deal with a lot of companies that offer credit card processing. I really need to know some more info before I can tell you what type of equipment would suit your business. Also be aware that with being a new business it will be a lot harder to get approved for processing. This is where I can help along with maybe getting a little better discount rate. I left you a message on your cell so if you want to call me and give me a little more info I can have someone call you.

Just so everyone has some basic info, Visa and Mastercard (V/MC) charge the merchant to process credit cards. There are companies called processors who handle the routing of the transaction between the merchant and V/MC. The processors also charge a percentage for the processing. The processors don't usually sign merchants up direct so there are other companies that do that. They also charge a percentage of each transaction.

How a credit card is taken and what type a business the company is also effects the discount rate. The higher the risk (mail order, internet, etc) the higher the rate V/MC charge.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Thanks Ron. I'll be calling you later today or tomorrow. I'm not excited about paying three levels of fees on a transaction, but customers ask for CC and reminding people to pay their invoices gets a little tiring.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-05-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Thanks Ron. I'll be calling you later today or tomorrow. I'm not excited about paying three levels of fees on a transaction, but customers ask for CC and reminding people to pay their invoices gets a little tiring.
That's the way it is with everything. I'm back at home now so you can call me whenever.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
Fast & Filthy

Ben, did Joe get a hold of you today?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Ben, did Joe get a hold of you today?
Nope. Do you know anything about the big box processors? Charge.com and easycharge.net (affiliate of charge.com) seem to have some pretty strong offers. If I don't hear from Joe with an option, I'll probably go with one of these guys. Thank you for your help.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Fast & Filthy

Call Joe at Granite Processing and see what they can do.

Joe @ 888-580-4472 option 1 ext 6282 (or 916.580.6282)
Old 03-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Call Joe at Granite Processing and see what they can do.

Joe @ 888-580-4472 option 1 ext 6282 (or 916.580.6282)
BTW, thanks. Joe hooked us up and we're now taking CCs. It was a bit more expensive on the front side than other offers, but his explanation of advertised rates compared to effective rates for most smaller businesses made sense. They delivered on time and got us up to speed right away.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
InjectorsPlus

What's the application? Retail? Ecommerace? I went through this with IP.

What I learned is as a vendor YOU pay different rates depending on the type of card the customer uses.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsup View Post
What's the application? Retail? Ecommerace? I went through this with IP.

What I learned is as a vendor YOU pay different rates depending on the type of card the customer uses.
Over the counter retail.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)