Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #31
Super Moderator

I agree, whoever ported those heads knows their stuff. Heads are where the money is at, and if these guys could pull that off by porting just stock heads, they rock.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #32
Fast & Filthy

That chart looks great. I still want to know the specs on the cam but there is about 1100rpm between peak TQ and peak HP. I don't think the manifold is holding back all that much HP.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:54 AM   #33
Super Moderator

Baddass, hyraulic lifters? If so, I'll bet your springs are too light. Prob why your power drops off before you're expecting it to. Go with some solids or heavier springs or a hydra rev kit if someone makes one for the LS.

Or were your springs already matched to the cam?

I would think even a stock motor with good exhaust would peak higher than that.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:57 AM   #34
Super Moderator

Yeah, your hp tops off at 5700, somethings up. I'll bet that motor's got something left, it wants to scream.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:05 AM   #35
Super Moderator

Even the LS2 peaks at 6K, my money is on the valve springs.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:22 AM   #36
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Dude that's awesome! I think that's within shouting distance of a ZR1 with *just* a 418 NA.
Yeah I need to find out what the cam specs are. It could be any number of things. The reality is though that this is more HP than I was expecting. This is what I was hoping for with the ETP heads and the FAST manifold. It's going to stay this way for a little bit while I great the rest of the car up to speed.

Ben ZR1s only put like 505-520 hp down from the factory. I am definitely making more power than a Zr1 (stock) and am about 100 rwhp up on a stock Z06.

Next mods:
LG motorsports GT hood
LG motorsports GT2 wing
APR front air dam
APR front splinter
Breathless performance Rear diffuser
LG motorsports CF GT2 seat

I am going to try to get these mods done by 2011. In spring of 11 I deploy for six months and That's when I will drop the car off at some shop to have the cage built.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #37
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Yeah I need to find out what the cam specs are. It could be any number of things. The reality is though that this is more HP than I was expecting. This is what I was hoping for with the ETP heads and the FAST manifold. It's going to stay this way for a little bit while I great the rest of the car up to speed.

Ben ZR1s only put like 505-520 hp down from the factory. I am definitely making more power than a Zr1 (stock) and am about 100 rwhp up on a stock Z06.

Next mods:
LG motorsports GT hood
LG motorsports GT2 wing
APR front air dam
APR front splinter
Breathless performance Rear diffuser
LG motorsports CF GT2 seat

I am going to try to get these mods done by 2011. In spring of 11 I deploy for six months and That's when I will drop the car off at some shop to have the cage built.

I stand corrected. For some reason I had 550WHP on the brain. Maybe that's for a slight mode. Anyway, curious to hear your cam specs, etc. Sounds like this really is basically a race car now. Doesn't sound like something you'd really go on a long easy cruise with anymore. And I think C.A.R.B. has special torture chambers for your kind now.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #38
Fast & Filthy

So it's been a week, how does it run?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:01 PM   #39
Internet Tough Guy

Been busy. The New motor was over powering the z06 clutch in my car. So now it has a twin disc McCleod clutch. Much stronger and more durable. Other than that the car runs great. I had a new disc installed with the new motor, but it wasn't enough. I haven't had a chance to do any quantitative analysis yet though.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 06-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #40
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Been busy. The New motor was over powering the z06 clutch in my car. So now it has a twin disc McCleod clutch. Much stronger and more durable. Other than that the car runs great. I had a new disc installed with the new motor, but it wasn't enough. I haven't had a chance to do any quantitative analysis yet though.
What about the seating process for the disc? We just got a McLeod setup for the Snake and it says to do normal stop and go driving for 500 miles before giving it full power. That's slightly concerning in our case because it's an off road only car. How the hell I'm supposed to get 500 miles stop and go before giving her the beans.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)