Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #31
Super Moderator

Call the manufacturer of the intake, tell them your story, have them send you a CARB sticker.

I lost an Energy bushing on the freeway, called them and told them about it, they sent me one for free. I called MSD when my dist was acting up, they accepted it and set me up with a new one from Summit, free of shipping. Manufacturers will take care of you most of the time.

If they don't, flame them on a forum. Like I did with VBP.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #32
Boost Junkie

interesting, I shall try to call chrysler / Mopar

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #33
Super Moderator

Btw, you should never have allowed a cop to look under your hood. If he hears a loud intake, now he has probable cause to FIRST obtain a search warrant to search your property (yes your engine bay). The worst he will do if you refuse his request to search will be to threaten you with getting a search warrant, so... fine, call his bluff. See if he's willing to sit there and wait for three hours. It's not like he's going to give you a break anyways, as you can see.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:06 PM   #34
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Btw, you should never have allowed a cop to look under your hood. If he hears a loud intake, now he has probable cause to FIRST obtain a search warrant to search your property (yes your engine bay). The worst he will do if you refuse his request to search will be to threaten you with getting a search warrant, so... fine, call his bluff. See if he's willing to sit there and wait for three hours. It's not like he's going to give you a break anyways, as you can see.
Yah I considered that, but why should I worry about it when I have a legal intake lol. I had nothing to hide so no big deal lol. After this experience ur damn right he'll need to get a search warrant.

Oh an enkei, the extra money on the fee is $100 mandatory fine plus "penalty assesments" ok so now do u have a suggestion? Probably heading back to court tomorrow morning to request a trial or some bs. Enkei, how likely is it that if I go to trial and LOSE that I'll have to pay even more to the stupid government.

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 01-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #35
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
. . .After this experience ur damn right he'll need to get a search warrant. . . I'll have to pay even more to the stupid government.

Use your anger. It makes you stroonger.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yah I considered that, but why should I worry about it when I have a legal intake lol. I had nothing to hide so no big deal lol. After this experience ur damn right he'll need to get a search warrant.

Oh an enkei, the extra money on the fee is $100 mandatory fine plus "penalty assesments" ok so now do u have a suggestion? Probably heading back to court tomorrow morning to request a trial or some bs. Enkei, how likely is it that if I go to trial and LOSE that I'll have to pay even more to the stupid government.
Penalty assesment is prob from being late like I said. Otherwise the judge just didn't like you, prob because he thought you were disrespectful. If you were never late and you have the papers to prove it, prove it. If that's not the reason for the fine, ask what is. But it's prob one of those two things, that's really all I can think of.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:19 AM   #37
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Penalty assesment is prob from being late like I said. Otherwise the judge just didn't like you, prob because he thought you were disrespectful. If you were never late and you have the papers to prove it, prove it. If that's not the reason for the fine, ask what is. But it's prob one of those two things, that's really all I can think of.
Ok, I'm just gonna give it a shot again and do what I can... I really appreciate ur input.

Please stop making assumptions about my behavior, I can't think of any possible way I might have been disrespectful. Not my first time talking to a judge. I always dress up, throw on a shirt and tie, address him as your honor, speak calmly and respectfully, don't interupt and speak like an educated human being. Like I said, I can't imagine any possible way I might have been disrespectful. Again, thanks for ur help Enkei, your insight has been really helpful. I should have the carb sticker friday.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #38
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ok, I'm just gonna give it a shot again and do what I can... I really appreciate ur input.

Please stop making assumptions about my behavior, I can't think of any possible way I might have been disrespectful. Not my first time talking to a judge. I always dress up, throw on a shirt and tie, address him as your honor, speak calmly and respectfully, don't interupt and speak like an educated human being. Like I said, I can't imagine any possible way I might have been disrespectful. Again, thanks for ur help Enkei, your insight has been really helpful. I should have the carb sticker friday.
I wasn't assuming I was defaulting, I really can't imagine you acting any other way than nice and respectful. That's why if it's not for being late, somethings not right.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #39
Boost Junkie

Quote:
I wasn't assuming I was defaulting, I really can't imagine you acting any other way than nice and respectful. That's why if it's not for being late, somethings not right.
Thanks man, this whole mess has really started to irritate me. Going back next week when I have the sticker. Hopefully its not a stand in commissioner (like last time).
Anyone wanna move out of california???

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 01-21-2010, 03:38 PM   #40

I have been bored at work today and have been doing some research on penalty assessment. It looks like a way for them to raise money, period. Most tickets have a " penalty assesment " attached. One site listed it this way:
It is an amount which is added to all fines and for bail for infractions and low grade misdemeanor offenses. It is charged pursuant to Government Code Section 76000 and Penal Code Section 1464 of the State of California. According to the law, the amount of the Penalty Assessment is $17.00 for every $10.00 or portion thereof of the fine or bail.

Example:
If one is fined $25.00, the Penalty Assessment charge will be $51.00 (3 X $17.00), plus the original fine of $25.00, plus any other assessment.
For every $17.00 of assessment collected, the money is allocated as follows:
$10.00 State Penalty Fund (1464 PC)
$7.00 County Penalty Fund (76000 GC)
The Penalty Assessment amount is subject to change by the legislature.

It has nothing to do with how you act.