Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #1

Default Question On Fighting A Ticket & Traffic School

For those of you that have don’t this or know the legal issues; If I go to court(more or less to just to see if the cop shows up) to fight the ticket, will the judge still allow me to take traffic school. I know some people have told me that if you go to court and don’t have a real reason to fight the ticket (id come up with some bs) judges aren’t too pleased with said people and sometimes disallow traffic school. Has anyone herd of a judge doing such thing?

I would like to not pay the ~$450 for the ticket + traffic school
Old 04-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
For those of you that have don’t this or know the legal issues; If I go to court(more or less to just to see if the cop shows up) to fight the ticket, will the judge still allow me to take traffic school. I know some people have told me that if you go to court and don’t have a real reason to fight the ticket (id come up with some bs) judges aren’t too pleased with said people and sometimes disallow traffic school. Has anyone herd of a judge doing such thing?

I would like to not pay the ~$450 for the ticket + traffic school

As I recall, you used to waive your right/option to go to traffic school. In other words, if you lost (and if the cop shows up, chances are you will unless you're very well prepared), you could NOT go to TS and the incident would go on your record, likely increasing your insurance. Cops show up far more often than before because they are paid to show up now.

Our own motochi is an expert at beating tickets. There is a strategy. It goes something like this.

1 File for dealy (Not sure about this bit)
2 Request trial by declaration (not in person, by paperwork)
3 Drown them with paperwork, referencing as much law, environmental conditions and the like

The officer, who will not remember so much about your case will have a hard time refuting, in writing everything you state and usually just will pass on the paperwork. You win by default.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)