Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Should the spoiler taper?
Taper 4 100.00%
Straight back 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Went with the taper, I laid up up last night, you can see it start to take shape. Still needs a lot of work though.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #12
Super Moderator

So this is the basic shape, it's only a layer thick on each side, so it needs a few more layers and then filling and sanding but I think I'm done with it. I pictured it looking cooler in my head. I think it would look cool, but it blocks sight of the factory lip, which is cleaner IMO.

Old 10-19-2008, 12:22 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Aw c'mon FordFreak, you can share, I can take it.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #14
Super Moderator

I post pics of a custom spoiler and no one responds, but when I post a thread about queers everyone jumps on it. Did I mention that this spoiler was an advocate for gay marriage?
Old 10-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I post pics of a custom spoiler and no one responds, but when I post a thread about queers everyone jumps on it. Did I mention that this spoiler was an advocate for gay marriage?
That's it I'm fu*king pissed. That spoiler needs to stay in the closet where it belongs! It's probably trying to convert all the other nice little spoilers into a life of perversion.

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see this thing done. I wish we had real resources so we could have done some wind tunnel before and after testing. It's obviously going to create more down force, but I wonder if its going to make the steering go light at high speed. BTW, you can't use the View meter as indication of how many views your thread has gotten, it's not working correctly.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
That's it I'm fu*king pissed. That spoiler needs to stay in the closet where it belongs! It's probably trying to convert all the other nice little spoilers into a life of perversion.

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see this thing done. I wish we had real resources so we could have done some wind tunnel before and after testing. It's obviously going to create more down force, but I wonder if its going to make the steering go light at high speed. BTW, you can't use the View meter as indication of how many views your thread has gotten, it's not working correctly.
I'm debating finishing it and primering it. I sincerely doubt that I'll put it on but I think it was a unique idea for the 80-82 crowd.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:28 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I'm debating finishing it and primering it. I sincerely doubt that I'll put it on but I think it was a unique idea for the 80-82 crowd.
Oh, I thought it was a done deal.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-19-2008, 02:33 PM   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Oh, I thought it was a done deal.
No no, it blocks sight of the factory lip. I think it's cooler than the pace car spoiler, but the 82 lip is cleaner IMO. I might finish it just to have it, if time permits, but it's not going on the car. Just not in love with it enough to put mounting holes in the bumper.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #19
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
No no, it blocks sight of the factory lip. I think it's cooler than the pace car spoiler, but the 82 lip is cleaner IMO. I might finish it just to have it, if time permits, but it's not going on the car. Just not in love with it enough to put mounting holes in the bumper.
It looked better in the cardboard cutout you made. The cardboard was rounded on the edge just like the body line and it didn't have sides.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
It looked better in the cardboard cutout you made. The cardboard was rounded on the edge just like the body line and it didn't have sides.
You look better in the cardboard cutout.