Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #2101
Super Moderator

Ya huh, SBF HB's are built the same as SBC HB's. Sort of like the rest of the engine
Old 07-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #2102
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Ya huh, SBF HB's are built the same as SBC HB's. Sort of like the rest of the engine
We've been down this road before, the LS is more similar to a SBF than a SBC is. A ford balancer has the weights on the inner portion of the balancer. So removing the weight at the elastomter would still have the weight in the same sport.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #2103
Super Moderator

Its a chunk of steel, it is a big weight. Removing the ring gets rid of the outer weight, SBF or SBC.

Moreover, the point of a harmonic dampener is to have weight past the isolating rubber. To absorb. Therefore it must have weight past the rubber ring.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #2104
Super Moderator

Gonna fab up some brackets to set my Vette up for flat towing. My gf bought me a tow bar. How fucking amazing is that? I found a girl that buys me car parts... sold
Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #2105
Super Moderator

If I didn't argue with Guy on a daily basis my brain would go soft.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #2106
Super Moderator

Dear Bruno Mars:

. Shut the fuck up.

Sincerely,

Me
Old 08-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #2107
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Its a chunk of steel, it is a big weight. Removing the ring gets rid of the outer weight, SBF or SBC.

Moreover, the point of a harmonic dampener is to have weight past the isolating rubber. To absorb. Therefore it must have weight past the rubber ring.
OK so it turns it into a non harmonic balancer. There still weight towards the center portion of the weigh under the isolator. So it still wouldn't be a neutral balance, look close and see. I could remove it and it would still be off balance
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #2108
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
OK so it turns it into a non harmonic balancer. There still weight towards the center portion of the weigh under the isolator. So it still wouldn't be a neutral balance, look close and see. I could remove it and it would still be off balance
Nah, outer ring isnt balanced to counter the inner ring. Especially not on a neutral balanced HB
Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #2109
Super Moderator

I wonder if running kills brain cells. I dont even feel this out of it when Im drunk
Old 08-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #2110
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Nah, outer ring isnt balanced to counter the inner ring. Especially not on a neutral balanced HB
Are you drunk? You said all I had to do was remove the outer weight and I'd have a neutral balance dampener. Can't do that because the counter weight is on the inside.

Stopping the world!