Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #301
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodsknockin View Post
Here are a few random posts from the monster these guys are talking about,the dreaded DWncchs.At the bottom is the thread he started to try and help out Red69.
Maybe he should start a legal defense fund too? I am sure the "innocent" party involved would appreciate it. I have this anonymous e-mail I recieved. I wonder what it could mean? It might create more heat than any furnace ever could.

"I'm not done with him.. The US Attorney's office told me to quit posting on Craigslists about him and his Chiropractor buddy because they would drop the case if I didn't. They are about to nail his nuts to the wall and hang him out to dry for Internet Sanction's Law. "Auction Interference" . He has done this numerous times and they have many complaints against him. They are going to try and get him some fed jail time along with his arrogant buddy."

Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #302
Power's off.

I wonder if I still have the letter about the copywritten paper he bought from the author on my hard drive. I'll have to take look sometime.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I just don't even understand it. If he doesn't have the product, he should give the money back and that's it. If he has a good reason, I'm all ears, but so far I haven't seen any clear indication why this situation is still lingering on...

I didn't see a point in continuing to argue with them. They do fine all by themselves. I will clear up a few things.

When Mike paid me for the heads that I had, it was still a simple operation. However, like a Douche_Bag I dropped one and the damage was not pretty.

I decided, cleared with Mike, that I would send the money to the same machine shop where I had bought the set from originally so a NEW set could be built and sent to Mike from them directly.

This means...the money Mike paid me, went to the machine shop. This translates to...I don't have the heads or the payment from Mike, so my refund to him must come out of my own pocket.

Being that I am already in financial trouble coming up with $770 on the fly is tough for me. Trust me I have asked all my close friends and family for the money and no one is in a position to help. I'm a very low income household and I don't mind telling everyone that.

The furnace problem couldn't have come at a worse time. Not even mentioning it was 3 degrees outside and 35 inside when I woke up that morning. Regardless, the check I got to pay back Mike was from my own personal money through a MM at work...not Mike's money...it was MY money I was going to use to may Mike back.

The furnace itself was not $4,300, the labor to install it was included in the $4,300.

No one else here has mentioned it, so I will, that I have been in constant contact with Mike and let him know that I have been having money problems and wanted to send him a check to show him I was trying to get him his money, to hold him over until I could gather the remaining balance.

Mike refused, saying he would NOT accept any money from me in any way unless it was for the full amount.

That, if you ask me, is lending to the problem because I have to now save for the full amount, making him wait longer, and giving all of these guys the chance to call me a thief and a liar.

Just so we're clear, I didn't ask anyone to join or start posting here to help me or back me up. If anyone did that then they were doing it on their own accord and it sounds like they are having some fun with the Vettemod guys.

The alternator clocking thing is just another topic they love to rip on me about, so here's a proof pic to shut them up, because guess what, MOST CS130 cases cannot be clocked for mounting purposes at all, and yes, as I suggested to the original poster, it's better to take it back to Oreilly and exchange it for a case that is already suited for your application without having to crack it open and void the warranty. He had bought one of these cases and needed a case with a 12 & 6 clocking.

Note, THIS CS130 case, which is very common, has BOTH mounting tabs on the same case half, making it IMPOSSIBLE to clock it for any other mounting position. Is that when you old guys fell out of your chairs? I'd love to see you tell someone that all you have to do is remove the 3 case bolts and rotate these halves to clock it. The poster didn't say he needed the BAT lug moved...he needed the mounting tabs moved. But you guys won't mention that will you?

Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #304
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_Boy View Post
I didn't see a point in continuing to argue with them. They do fine all by themselves. I will clear up a few things.

When Mike paid me for the heads that I had, it was still a simple operation. However, like a Douche_Bag I dropped one and the damage was not pretty.

I decided, cleared with Mike, that I would send the money to the same machine shop where I had bought the set from originally so a NEW set could be built and sent to Mike from them directly.

This means...the money Mike paid me, went to the machine shop. This translates to...I don't have the heads or the payment from Mike, so my refund to him must come out of my own pocket.

Being that I am already in financial trouble coming up with $770 on the fly is tough for me. Trust me I have asked all my close friends and family for the money and no one is in a position to help. I'm a very low income household and I don't mind telling everyone that.

The furnace problem couldn't have come at a worse time. Not even mentioning it was 3 degrees outside and 35 inside when I woke up that morning. Regardless, the check I got to pay back Mike was from my own personal money through a MM at work...not Mike's money...it was MY money I was going to use to may Mike back.

The furnace itself was not $4,300, the labor to install it was included in the $4,300.

No one else here has mentioned it, so I will, that I have been in constant contact with Mike and let him know that I have been having money problems and wanted to send him a check to show him I was trying to get him his money, to hold him over until I could gather the remaining balance.

Mike refused, saying he would NOT accept any money from me in any way unless it was for the full amount.

That, if you ask me, is lending to the problem because I have to now save for the full amount, making him wait longer, and giving all of these guys the chance to call me a thief and a liar.

Just so we're clear, I didn't ask anyone to join or start posting here to help me or back me up. If anyone did that then they were doing it on their own accord and it sounds like they are having some fun with the Vettemod guys.

The alternator clocking thing is just another topic they love to rip on me about, so here's a proof pic to shut them up, because guess what, MOST CS130 cases cannot be clocked for mounting purposes at all, and yes, as I suggested to the original poster, it's better to take it back to Oreilly and exchange it for a case that is already suited for your application without having to crack it open and void the warranty. He had bought one of these cases and needed a case with a 12 & 6 clocking.

Note, THIS CS130 case, which is very common, has BOTH mounting tabs on the same case half, making it IMPOSSIBLE to clock it for any other mounting position. Is that when you old guys fell out of your chairs? I'd love to see you tell someone that all you have to do is remove the 3 case bolts and rotate these halves to clock it. The poster didn't say he needed the BAT lug moved...he needed the mounting tabs moved. But you guys won't mention that will you?

I appreciate you answering my question. I kind of get where you're coming from, but one problem remains. What happened to the heads that you paid the shop for? They should have shipped them directly to him, right? Also, do you have a receipt for that transaction? I'm just trying to piece things together here

Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 AM   #305
Resident Avatar Gambler

Oh, and before anyone else jumps in to refute anything, I'd like to hear his response first please. I just want to hear his entire side of the story. Thanks

Old 12-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I appreciate you answering my question. I kind of get where you're coming from, but one problem remains. What happened to the heads that you paid the shop for? They should have shipped them directly to him, right? Also, do you have a receipt for that transaction? I'm just trying to piece things together here

As soon as I damaged the set I was going to send Mike I got on the phone with that machine shop, and the owner who I have used before and considered a friend, and I told him I needed a set of the same heads, sent to a different address, and I was sending him money. His Paypal account was closed so I procured a money order from the Post Office and mailed it to the machine shop. He received the payment, and started on the heads.

The first big delay came from the machine shop not having enough valves to complete the set and they had to wait for more. I also had them machine the temp sender hole a bit bigger on one side so Mike could use his stock temp sender. I had originally told him I would machine a stock one down for him but decided to have the machine shop do it on their end while they were waiting for the valves.

Soon after, I couldn't get emails to or from them, and I only got the owner on the phone a few times. He did tell me the heads shipped and I had to get a hold of him later to ask for the tracking, when he told me there was no tracking and that his dock worker shipped them with nothing added to the basic shipping costs, which was about $40. He told me he had no way to track or confirm. This also means that we don't know if they were lost, stolen, shipped to the wrong address, or just not shipped at all.

Contact with the machine shop at this point is not possible, and completely my problem...just like the rest of it. I fully understand that Mike needs to be paid back but I can only go as fast as I can raise the money.

To make this clear, despite all the accusations, I never intended to steal or scam Mike. I know he doesn't believe that and I would feel just like him if I were in his shoes. However I am in MY shoes, and it feels totally different on this end knowing what needs to be done but that I cannot JUST pay him back like it might be as easy. I don't have disposable income, to the point where I can just send Mike $770. I make no assumptions about HIS financial position, and maybe he's just as tapped, but my wallet is empty and I'm trying to gather the $770 as fast as I can.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:01 AM   #307

Hope we can jump in soon...the level of bullcrap is getting higher than my hip boots.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Twin View Post
However, how do you explain that you sent PMs to other members on CF warning them about me, and how I was the same person as my brother Twin_Turbo, how you somehow knew we used the same IP address on occasion (which is true) and you also had intimate knowledge of my and my brothers CF activity, in respect to when either of us was online or not. In fact, me and my brother were called upon it by several moderators when we were visiting the states this year, driving down R66 we got harassed by 3 moderators for having the identical IP address. This was of course no surprise, since it was the same laptop connected to the same hotel wireless connection.

Why in the world would you think that was me? I always knew and accepted that you two were brothers, well before the trip to America. I would have no way of knowing your IP addresses unless both of you sent me emails, which you never did, or unless I was a moderator, which I was not.

All that pent up aggression is for someone else...I never doubted you and your brother were two people.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
And someone post a pic of the spider lights, I'm interested. Don't care much about legality.

Spider Lites.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:43 AM   #310
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_Boy View Post
As soon as I damaged the set I was going to send Mike I got on the phone with that machine shop, and the owner who I have used before and considered a friend, and I told him I needed a set of the same heads, sent to a different address, and I was sending him money. His Paypal account was closed so I procured a money order from the Post Office and mailed it to the machine shop. He received the payment, and started on the heads.

The first big delay came from the machine shop not having enough valves to complete the set and they had to wait for more. I also had them machine the temp sender hole a bit bigger on one side so Mike could use his stock temp sender. I had originally told him I would machine a stock one down for him but decided to have the machine shop do it on their end while they were waiting for the valves.

Soon after, I couldn't get emails to or from them, and I only got the owner on the phone a few times. He did tell me the heads shipped and I had to get a hold of him later to ask for the tracking, when he told me there was no tracking and that his dock worker shipped them with nothing added to the basic shipping costs, which was about $40. He told me he had no way to track or confirm. This also means that we don't know if they were lost, stolen, shipped to the wrong address, or just not shipped at all.

Contact with the machine shop at this point is not possible, and completely my problem...just like the rest of it. I fully understand that Mike needs to be paid back but I can only go as fast as I can raise the money.

To make this clear, despite all the accusations, I never intended to steal or scam Mike. I know he doesn't believe that and I would feel just like him if I were in his shoes. However I am in MY shoes, and it feels totally different on this end knowing what needs to be done but that I cannot JUST pay him back like it might be as easy. I don't have disposable income, to the point where I can just send Mike $770. I make no assumptions about HIS financial position, and maybe he's just as tapped, but my wallet is empty and I'm trying to gather the $770 as fast as I can.
I read the whole thing now and while I understand what you're going through, unfortunately it is clear that you owe the money back. I'm not sure what your credit situation is, but perhaps you could get a credit card or small personal loan to return the funds? The whole thing sucks, I'll say that much. Somebody has to be responsible though and after reading over the facts I'd say that person is you. I'd definitely look into the loan option though just to get this resolved.