Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #31
Fast & Filthy

You're welcome. I'm glad it's running better. I think all you need to do to fix the exhaust leaks is to loosen all the connections first and then retighten them starting at the header flange and work you way to the back.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
Yea, the car runs great now. The only thing is i actually have to end up getting a new gas tank this week. That epoxy stuff worked on the little pin hole on the bottom of the tank. But the bigger one on the other hand. I put a huge piece on it, let it sit for 5 hours this morning. As soon as i started pouring what little gas i had left in it, it started leaking. So I'm gonna try another temporary fix til i get get to a junkyard and pull one off. Thanks a lot again Ron. Your Cobra is sick btw ha. Laters
What's the 411 on the "lope". That cam is not so big.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What's the 411 on the "lope". That cam is not so big.
I guess all the exhaust leaks, and vacuum leaks, and just leaks in general were causing it to sound like it had a huge cam. Once everything was tightened up it sounded a lot more like an E-Cam. Updated on the gas tank. I fixed another hole last night, went out at 5am this morning to check it out. Find out there's another hole in the bottom of the tank. So that's why I'm home instead of at work, going to pick a part in a few hours and finding a good clean tank. If i can't find a stang what car can i pull the tank out of???
Old 08-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #34
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
I guess all the exhaust leaks, and vacuum leaks, and just leaks in general were causing it to sound like it had a huge cam. Once everything was tightened up it sounded a lot more like an E-Cam. Updated on the gas tank. I fixed another hole last night, went out at 5am this morning to check it out. Find out there's another hole in the bottom of the tank. So that's why I'm home instead of at work, going to pick a part in a few hours and finding a good clean tank. If i can't find a stang what car can i pull the tank out of???
You have to get a tank from another Mustang. If you can't find one at a yard local to you today there's one out here called Mustangs Unlimited that is a Mustang only wrecking yard. You can also take your tank to a shop that can fix it for you. They'll clean it and weld up any holes.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:05 AM   #35
Graphics B*tch

There is also a all Ford junk yard in Placentia/Anaheim, not too far off the 91 freeway

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 08-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
There is also a all Ford junk yard in Placentia/Anaheim, not too far off the 91 freeway
Sweet, Well this one is a bit closer to me than Fontana is. So im gonna try the all Ford junk yard and I'm hoping i can come up with a good gas tank there. I'll keep you guys updated. One way or the other it has to be moved out onto the street today otherwise I'm going to get another ticket from the city for parking in the alley. One more thing though, how much would the junk yard charge me for a gas tank?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #37

Went to the All Ford Yard, and they had a bunch of stuff there for a decent price. I picked up a tank there out of an 88 GT, and the inside looked clean enough to eat off of. Also +1 i got a walbro fuel pump inside and it works so i think i made out alright. Car doesn't leak anymore, found its idle, powerband is in the right place. vacuum leaks gone. Big ups to Ron! I'll keep you guys updated on my car. Many more things to come!