Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #151
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Carlos, you are the man. I want to be your co-pilot some time. looks like a lot of fun!!
Sure maybe during the next cruise.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Dude, no way. I never went pass 45 MPH.
hah thanks to Adam's job leading, I dont think we went below 50 the whole drive... especially when passing those jackasses on the harleys

awesome awesome drive
Old 06-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #153
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
You could honestly go WAY faster there. I think that last year might have been faster. This year there were a lot of cyclist and the conditions were not great. I also felt ther was a lot more debris on the road this year so I took it easier. I had a great time. Thanks for taking the initiative to put this cruise together.
There was definitely more stuff on the road up to the top, but was pretty clean coming down on the new asphalt. As for speed, you can always get more speed with familiarity, but one thing I noticed in editing this video and other of your track days is just how solid an stable your Vette is; now more than ever. Perhaps it's a combination of training,experience and your new setup.

I could get more with better training/skill of course but I was in some cases approaching the limits of my 255 street tires. They were saying, "mmm, sure you wanna do that?" Video is funny, you really don't get an appreciation of how fast this is, probably because you don't have the forces working on you. I'd say we were doing at least 60 sometimes.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #154
Internet Tough Guy

Well I could tell you that if did that exact same cruise in Mexico we would have hit 115. The new asphalt section would have been steadily above 70 mph. Those federales don't watch their roads like the LAPD.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #155
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Thank you sir. I was telling Alexis on the way home that if we have a girl I would love it if she ended up like yours.
Thank you. Judging the way you are around my kids I can tell you'll be a great dad. I think my girls are so well behaved because Amy and I taught them to be. We are always polite and that's the way my girls are. Just remember they need lots of love and affection but I can't see that as being a problem for you guys.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:27 PM   #156
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Well I could tell you that if did that exact same cruise in Mexico we would have hit 115. The new asphalt section would have been steadily above 70 mph. . .
You are either a) a funny guy b) your speedo don't work for shit.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-14-2009, 11:31 PM   #157
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Thank you. Judging the way you are around my kids I can tell you'll be a great dad. I think my girls are so well behaved because Amy and I taught them to be. We are always polite and that's the way my girls are. Just remember they need lots of love and affection but I can't see that as being a problem for you guys.
This is about the most gentle I'm going to be, so brace yourselves. If the world were filled with parents like you and Amy are and I'm sure Sean and Alexis will be, there would be far fewer problems.

Peace. Love. Affection.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #158
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This is about the most gentle I'm going to be, so brace yourselves. If the world were filled with parents like you and Amy are and I'm sure Sean and Alexis will be, there would be far fewer problems.

Peace. Love. Affection.

Thank you sir, I really appretiate the compliment.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #159

Send a message via AIM to Phazewun

all this parent talk is nuts...

to bad you guys dont have one of these sitting in the garage...

This is why i will be a better parent than the rest.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #160
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazewun View Post
all this parent talk is nuts...

to bad you guys dont have one of these sitting in the garage...

This is why i will be a better parent than the rest.
LOL, what is that?

My uncle told me I need to find a carbon fiber baby seat so I don't make the Cobra any heavier than it already is