Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default A little test of the Torque App

I've been using a cheap Bluetooth ODBII transmitter ($20) with the Torque App (Pro version $5). I wasn't going too nuts driving uphill into the sun through a dirty windshield, but you get the idea.

NOTE: You can configure whatever data you want to be recorded that's available from your ECU. You do have to use a PC/Mac w/ Java+XJuggler+TorqueSync to encode the Videos (data overlay) but it's pretty straight forward really.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

Pretty cool, i'll definitely look into something like that. I wonder if there is one that offers a dpic function?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Que es dpic?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #4

The only thing is that sometimes the gauges are rather slow to respond. The last time I used it was a few updates ago, I'm sure it has changed some. I was at Adams Motorsports Park and the Gauges were all over the place. It's nice to have though, if you ever get a code you can look it up with the app and you can use the other functions to monitor the car. It's one of the only apps I have ever paid for on my phone cuz I wanted to support the developers.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
The only thing is that sometimes the gauges are rather slow to respond. The last time I used it was a few updates ago, I'm sure it has changed some. I was at Adams Motorsports Park and the Gauges were all over the place. It's nice to have though, if you ever get a code you can look it up with the app and you can use the other functions to monitor the car. It's one of the only apps I have ever paid for on my phone cuz I wanted to support the developers.
Probably depends more on your transmitter than the app for response. Some of the cheap ones don't transmit very quickly. Mine is a cheap one, but works reasonably well for just farting around. It's not a professional level data logging tool, but for $5 (and $20 for the adapter) it's MORE than good enough.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

Dpic=g meter
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Dpic=g meter
Haven't used it, but I'm pretty sure it has it, based on the phones (Droid in my case) accelerometer I suppose.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Probably depends more on your transmitter than the app for response. Some of the cheap ones don't transmit very quickly. Mine is a cheap one, but works reasonably well for just farting around. It's not a professional level data logging tool, but for $5 (and $20 for the adapter) it's MORE than good enough.
Mine is pretty cheap, but there are certain settings you can mess with that will make it a little better.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.