Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to Chate
Unhappy Damn

Holy crap
People are such assholes!!!
And i agree, taking "grandma to the mat" is a nice way of putting it, her lack of judgment in parking the car can be forgiven, she's old and shit happens, but lack of character like that in denying something so blatantly obvious (and good job for taking lots of pictures) is so irresponsible and it warrants appropriate punishment.
I'm sure your insurance company will do whatever they can to hold her financially responsible so that they don't have to pay for it, and in court, I'd think her age, apparent reduced cognitive ability as well as the size of the car she was driving will play a part in confirming her being at fault.
I think we should write up little affidavits saying "I ________ take full responsibility for ______________ on this date ___________" and keep a couple printouts in our cars so we can have people who pull this kinda shit accounted for, while they still feel guilty about being stupid and before they talk to family members who weren't there and try to convince them otherwise...(is that legal?) Total bummer man, i hope this crap gets settled short of going to court to avoid the time/energy thats gonna be required.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:38 PM   #22
Super Moderator

I'm with Ben, do anything you can to prove that it was her, beyond any reasonable doubt. Unfortuantely the burden of proof is totally on you.

Last edited by enkeivette : 02-23-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #23
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I'm with Ben, do anything you can to prove that it was her, beyond any reasonable doubt. Unfortuantely the burden of proof is totally on you.
It won't be a problem. I still haven't heard from her insurance company yet - so no progress. I asked around on various forums though about body shop recommendations and decided to go with one of the shops from the Ferrari board. One of the guys on the board locally has an Enzo, F430, etc, and he only take his Ferrari's to one place: Autobahn Auto Body Inc. located at 1107 Baker St in Costa Mesa CA. If it's good enough for a guy with an Enzo, it's good enough for me.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
It won't be a problem. I still haven't heard from her insurance company yet - so no progress. I asked around on various forums though about body shop recommendations and decided to go with one of the shops from the Ferrari board. One of the guys on the board locally has an Enzo, F430, etc, and he only take his Ferrari's to one place: Autobahn Auto Body Inc. located at 1107 Baker St in Costa Mesa CA. If it's good enough for a guy with an Enzo, it's good enough for me.
Cool, wish I had heard about them before hand.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #25

Sorry to hear that man. Let me know if some creativity is in order...
Old 03-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

The Cobra is done and I'm picking it up from the shop today. Depending on how all the legal stuff shakes out, I should have pulleys on by the next time we go racing. Of course all that really means is I'll be putting up 2.5sec 60ft's...
Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #27
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
The Cobra is done and I'm picking it up from the shop today. Depending on how all the legal stuff shakes out, I should have pulleys on by the next time we go racing. Of course all that really means is I'll be putting up 2.5sec 60ft's...
If I don't have DRs by then (likely), we should go head to head. We'll be some of the slowest fast cars out there.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #28
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If I don't have DRs by then (likely), we should go head to head. We'll be some of the slowest fast cars out there.
I know, California Speedway is like ICE.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #29
Resident Avatar Gambler

Well, things went from bad to worse. I looked at the quarter panel - they did a good job. Then I got in my car and it had an SES light on. So they had me take it to another place to see what it was and clear it. So far it hasn't come back on... Then I get home and notice that they painted the roof panel side behind the window and above the quarter panel probably to blend. It's a complete mess. It actually has some kind of rock in the paint and it looks like hair or fibers. It's dimpled everywhere. Then I go to look at the other side to see if it's messed up too. It's not, but I have two new scratches in the same area on the other side that weren't there before. It looks like they may have looked at the other side for placement or something and scratched it. I can't believe this. My car is never going to be like it was ever again. I also have no idea how I'm going to go back to the shop again with work. I can't keep taking time off. This is INSANE.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Well, things went from bad to worse. I looked at the quarter panel - they did a good job. Then I got in my car and it had an SES light on. So they had me take it to another place to see what it was and clear it. So far it hasn't come back on... Then I get home and notice that they painted the roof panel side behind the window and above the quarter panel probably to blend. It's a complete mess. It actually has some kind of rock in the paint and it looks like hair or fibers. It's dimpled everywhere. Then I go to look at the other side to see if it's messed up too. It's not, but I have two new scratches in the same area on the other side that weren't there before. It looks like they may have looked at the other side for placement or something and scratched it. I can't believe this. My car is never going to be like it was ever again. I also have no idea how I'm going to go back to the shop again with work. I can't keep taking time off. This is INSANE.
I'm assuming you went to the guy you were instructed to see and dropped the right reference, correct? I have more flexible day time hours, so if you need some help, I can run it around for you.

It's sad to say, but I genuinely think the average skill level for the trades (across the board) have gone down within just the last 20 years or so.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)