Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Sorry just skim'd over the read.

General question

If you do a motor swap, do you have to register the motor? Like with the vin he read off to you, could he track that down through the dmv if you register it, to an address (you)?
It's not registered so there is no record to trace. It's just that if you do a refereed swap they want to see a bill of sale showing the vin of the car the motor came out of it. This is what is checked against the stolen vehicle database.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #22

Well here is the plan. We did like a 3 way phone meeting and came up with a plan that would get me my money back, clear the name of the guy who sold me the motor, and lay to rest Mr. Hawaii's problems. Basically I'm meeting in city of industry with a shop that will be representing Mr. Hawaii and also witnessing our transactions, the owner of the shop is good friends with him. I will be bringing back the motor just because everyone wants to see it, take pictures of it and document the whole process. The guy will be there to give me back my money and at the same time I will be taking that money and entrusting it to the shop who will then send it to Mr. Hawaii and will provide me a bill of sale stating Mr. Hawaii sold me the motor and is now clear and not stolen property anymore.

So now everything will finally be done and over with, all I've really lost is time in this whole crap pile but the guy that sold me the motor is out a motor and cash, shit happens. That's pretty much it. Then I'll go home and make a sandwich and enjoy life once again YAY!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
Welp just got off the phone with Mr. Hawaii and he says he'll talk to the guy that sold me the motor and make sure I get my money back. Hawaii doesn't want his motor anymore and said he'll have his lawyer make a bill of sale and wipe the motor clean, as in not stolen, then basically I'll pay him and I keep the motor.

We'll just have to see.....
That sounds like a scam. How can any attorney wipe the motor clean, you can't. If a police report was made, no attorney can just wipe anything clean. To make the report go away, a police agency will have to do a recovery and release of the motor or property in question. Tell Mr. Hawaii and his attorney to pound sand. If this is a legit thing and police report was truly taken, then the dude you bought the motor from is the suspect/criminal, not you. Mr. hawaii and his attorney to pursue the dude you bought the motor from, but wait, any legit attorney would know this already.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:38 AM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax305 View Post
That sounds like a scam. How can any attorney wipe the motor clean, you can't. If a police report was made, no attorney can just wipe anything clean. To make the report go away, a police agency will have to do a recovery and release of the motor or property in question. Tell Mr. Hawaii and his attorney to pound sand. If this is a legit thing and police report was truly taken, then the dude you bought the motor from is the suspect/criminal, not you. Mr. hawaii and his attorney to pursue the dude you bought the motor from, but wait, any legit attorney would know this already.
It sounded a lil odd to me too. You were a police officer correct?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #25

Well yeah he's going to call the authorities and tell them he's recovered the motor, I'm not sure if the lawyer does all that I just know he said the lawyer would make the bill of sale. Ugh, I'm nervous again
Old 09-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #26
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax305 View Post
Exactly. The guys you're dealing with sound like a bunch of clowns. I wouldn't do anything and just see what happens.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It sounded a lil odd to me too. You were a police officer correct?
Yup, I retired in 2005 as an Auto Detective...
Old 10-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #28

Dude, what the hell? Why didn't you tell me about this? Sell me the motor you'll get your money back. lol.

No, but seriously keep me updated on this.

- Dawly

CARTune independent service
7960 ronson rd.
San Diego, CA. 92111
shop phone - 858-715-1804
Old 10-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #29
Graphics B*tch

I second the whole idea of making them come to you and figure things out. If you have to go to court tell them you did not believe the whole situation and wanted to make sure they were legit. I do not see how the court would tell you that you should have taken their word for it that the motor was stolen.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten