Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Dual, he can, thats why I mentioned the adjustable cam gears.

And Guy, if you look at the lift/ duration cut on an LS cam versus a SBC cam, comparable engine builds are WAY off. Thats why I thought the LSA might be different.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #12
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Dual, he can, thats why I mentioned the adjustable cam gears.

And Guy, if you look at the lift/ duration cut on an LS cam versus a SBC cam, comparable engine builds are WAY off. Thats why I thought the LSA might be different.
Mmmm not from what I've experienced. My can(race motor) is the same as what would be ran in an ls1. Efficient heads, 347 cubic inch, etc.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Google Comp LS1 cam specs.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

I don't have to. Ben's car has nearly identical can specs from what I recall. And the potential for his motor is the same as the potential for mine. Similar bore, stroke, compression etc why would the brand of v8 make a difference?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #15
Neanderthal

2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
Super Moderator

You dont have to, but youre wrong. LS cams have way more lift and way less duration than comparable SBC cams. Why? I dont know. Ask Glenn
Old 06-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
You dont have to, but youre wrong. LS cams have way more lift and way less duration than comparable SBC cams. Why? I dont know. Ask Glenn
40 Year old tech compared to what? Compare a new relevant custom grind for any motor and you'l see what I mean. Sure I can find some OLD stuff and use it for the argument but plain and simple what is in a catalog and what will be ground from a good grinder is different. Off the shelf cam specs don't take into account which heads you use and what kind of work they have. A sbc and a sbf are not much different and yet why is the new tech for sbf motors so limilar to the lsx stuff?

Stopping the world!
Old 06-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

*IF* there was any reason as to why there is a difference with lift vs duration is the LS heads are more capable of the higher ramp rates than SBC heads. But that's crap because any decent grinder will grind almost identical cams for what they are. My motor .600/.589 234/244 113 is a common ls1 grind. My grinder was very clear I needed good valve springs and pushrods to run a cam like that. Don't need to go all out on an lsx like you do a sbf or sbc

Stopping the world!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #19
Neanderthal

Quote:
Roller vs Flat tapped....Roller has MUCH more aggressive ramps.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #20

I dont know shit about cams but this is my cam for the Supercharged LS2

211/230 @.050 valve lift and .558/.552 lift with 1.7 rockers and a 122.5 centerline
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20