Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I agree, I think 6psi with a cast piston would be pushing the limit. Any detonation and you can just kiss them goodbye.

Big G, we are talking about Adam. He won't be pulling the block apart to check the ring gaps so what ever they are now is how they'll stay until he blows them up.
LOL. You know me pretty damn well.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
Super Moderator

6 psi sounds about right to me. I looked on my handy Procharger boost graph, and the most you can run with a roots blower at that level is 8 psi, with aluminum heads.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #13
Super Moderator

...blowing stuff up is funny.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #14
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
...blowing stuff up is funny.
That needs to be a bumper sticker. I think you're an unintentional genius sometimes Enkei!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

What about a cheapy internals kit like this, port the heads yourself, intercool and run 1 bar?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 AM   #16

I remember my friend installing a whipple on a stock 5.0 and was pushing 8lbs with no cooling.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 01-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What about a cheapy internals kit like this, port the heads yourself, intercool and run 1 bar?
Not much better than what's in there now. 1 bar would make iron and aluminum salad out of that too. Just get you favorite salad dressing.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #18
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I remember my friend installing a whipple on a stock 5.0 and was pushing 8lbs with no cooling.

Bob
H.O. 5.0's came with forged pistons from I believe 85-92. In 93 they went to hypereutectic. I broke two pistons in my 302 when I first installed my Vortech using 8-9psi (stock 3.33 pulley). I then boght another stock short block with hypereutectic pistons and broke two more. I then installed a set of Probe SRS forged pistons and have over 70,000 miles on the engine. I've also been running 11-12 psi for about a year and a half now.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #19

^ this statement about forged pistons is true. Those 5.0s are a lot stronger than people give them credit for.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
Not much better than what's in there now. 1 bar would make iron and aluminum salad out of that too. Just get you favorite salad dressing.
The rods are forged and the pistons hypereutectic. They say, and I imagine they're right based on other similar packages, they'd be good up to 500HP or so, and I seiruosly doubt 1bar on an L48 is going to be that powerful. Now throw some heads and cam and it's a different story.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)