Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-22-2009, 01:48 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
WOW, those intakes are trick. What happened with your car? After everything you've done to it you can't give up now

Oh, and 4200-5k for built heads
hahaha yep, they are damn expensive from Cosworth. Reason being why i dont see too many of them installed on many cars ive seen. I think people rather just do the TGV deletes Turbo upgrade and call it a day. But for serious power, and better flow, looks like a good piece.

my car....

Got off work, went to the shop, talked for alittle. As im leaving i gunned it in 2nd and little in 3rd, slow down. boom check engine light

Pull out my cobb AP which has a option to read codes on the fly as im driving

Cylinder 2 misfire. My turbo inlet hose had slipped off meaning my turbo was taking in air that was not being metered by the MAF....probably running super lean which is a horror story on our cars as to many others.

Next day get to the shop, fixed the hose, and ive been driving it for a while and it hasnt been running the same. Still runs with decent power and boost is up to par and nothing seems too off. but i have rougher idle than usual and it seems as if i may have gotten myself a bad ringland....

Tomorrow, or today rather, i will be going in for a compression test, and inspect more on why my car may be doing this.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #72
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonSleeps View Post
hahaha yep, they are damn expensive from Cosworth. Reason being why i dont see too many of them installed on many cars ive seen. I think people rather just do the TGV deletes Turbo upgrade and call it a day. But for serious power, and better flow, looks like a good piece.

my car....

Got off work, went to the shop, talked for alittle. As im leaving i gunned it in 2nd and little in 3rd, slow down. boom check engine light

Pull out my cobb AP which has a option to read codes on the fly as im driving

Cylinder 2 misfire. My turbo inlet hose had slipped off meaning my turbo was taking in air that was not being metered by the MAF....probably running super lean which is a horror story on our cars as to many others.

Next day get to the shop, fixed the hose, and ive been driving it for a while and it hasnt been running the same. Still runs with decent power and boost is up to par and nothing seems too off. but i have rougher idle than usual and it seems as if i may have gotten myself a bad ringland....

Tomorrow, or today rather, i will be going in for a compression test, and inspect more on why my car may be doing this.

Yikes!

I have no idea about turbo 4s, but it's pretty common on boosted LS series (at least) applications for guys to do Speed Density tunes and ditch the MAF altogether. I don't know that much about it, but from what I understand it uses formulas relating to volumetric efficiency and measured manifold pressure, temp, etc.. Bottom line, there is no MAF and therefore, no MAF related failure to worry about. They cost more and the tuner had better know what he's doing. A MAF tune is much easier to do and therefore it's what most people go with. Anyway, maybe just something to research for the future.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yikes!

I have no idea about turbo 4s, but it's pretty common on boosted LS series (at least) applications for guys to do Speed Density tunes and ditch the MAF altogether. I don't know that much about it, but from what I understand it uses formulas relating to volumetric efficiency and measured manifold pressure, temp, etc.. Bottom line, there is no MAF and therefore, no MAF related failure to worry about. They cost more and the tuner had better know what he's doing. A MAF tune is much easier to do and therefore it's what most people go with. Anyway, maybe just something to research for the future.
Speed density isnt out for our cars yet. soon we will be able to ditch the MAF haha.

So, today was the moment of truth. 3 cylinders except for 1 blew a 143+ psi. the 1 cylinder blew 94....... The turbo inlet sucking unmetered air through the turbo, Literally sucking air right into the turbo using no intake, inlet , nada. it had slipped off while doing a mild pull. Possibly ran so lean and kabooom.... Time to look into a Cosworth shortblock..
Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #74
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Speed density isnt out for our cars yet. soon we will be able to ditch the MAF haha.

So, today was the moment of truth. 3 cylinders except for 1 blew a 143+ psi. the 1 cylinder blew 94....... The turbo inlet sucking unmetered air through the turbo, Literally sucking air right into the turbo using no intake, inlet , nada. it had slipped off while doing a mild pull. Possibly ran so lean and kabooom.... Time to look into a Cosworth shortblock..

I'm so sorry to hear that - that sucks a lot.

Having said that, it'll be awesome to see what you do with a new motor

Do you have any goals in mind? Maybe 400whp on 91 octane and 450whp with meth?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post

I'm so sorry to hear that - that sucks a lot.

Having said that, it'll be awesome to see what you do with a new motor

Do you have any goals in mind? Maybe 400whp on 91 octane and 450whp with meth?

REALLY RANDOM AND I TRULY LOVED MY WAGON.

I traded my car in i dont know why..but the situation was bad and i hate to get a new car and the 4-5 k it woudlve cost to rebuild...would been a horror story since i only have 1 car....

So....after all this, 2008 Evo X Apex Silver.....
Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #76
I, Vettezuki

Quote:

I traded my car in i dont know why..but the situation was bad and i hate to get a new car and the 4-5 k it woudlve cost to rebuild...would been a horror story since i only have 1 car....

Sorry to hear about your trouble but the Evo Xs are wicked bad. I'm sure you'll get what you want out of it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #77
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:

Congrats on the new car! Where are pics of the Evo though

Old 05-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #78
Resident Avatar Gambler

Oh, and you should definitely break the Evo in by going up Angeles Crest with us
Old 05-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #79
Internet Tough Guy

There is a silver lining to this cloud. The Evo X is a great car. It's One of the few new cars that I consider a competent track car.

Bring the EVO cruise.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:19 AM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
There is a silver lining to this cloud. The Evo X is a great car. It's One of the few new cars that I consider a competent track car.

Bring the EVO cruise.

break in is almost finished! ive been scrambling around to get things handled. Pics will be up shortly! and love to go on the cruise