Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems
View Poll Results: Which Cobra remake would you go with?
Factory Five Racing 1 50.00%
Superformance 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Superformance vs. Factory Five Racing

They kind of a have a different lineup of offerings, but as far as the Shelby A/C Cobra goes, money no object, which one would you go with and why?

I'm not sure for the Cobra. It seems if you want to really build up your own, then FFR is the way to go. If you want to just put together two major parts, Superformance is the way to go. They send over basically everything except the engine and trans. You partner or source your own, but it's otherwise done. I'd probably go with FFR, cuz I'd like to roll my own, and they're a great little American company.

On a separate subject. I'd love to build an FFR GTM some day, maybe with GM PErformance Parts ZR1 motor. Considering it's pretty world class performance with a base(!) LS1, that should truly deadly.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Not familiar with the options, post pics.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Not familiar with the options, post pics.
Well, they're going to look the same pretty much. There are many mechanical and engine options, especially with the FFR. Here's links to their offerings:

Factory Five Mk3 Roadster

Superformance MKIII

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
Fast & Filthy

I'd go with the Superformance car because it is already a completely engineered car with an independent rear suspension. No need to mix and match suspension parts that you don't know how well they'll work. The FFR car would be less money but it uses stock or aftermarket Mustang parts. These parts were designed for a Mustang, not the FFR Cobra.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:57 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I'd go with the Superformance car because it is already a completely engineered car with an independent rear suspension. No need to mix and match suspension parts that you don't know how well they'll work. The FFR car would be less money but it uses stock or aftermarket Mustang parts. These parts were designed for a Mustang, not the FFR Cobra.

I thought the IRS option for the FFR Mk3 was their own? Have to go back and watch their DVD again.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-28-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I thought the IRS option for the FFR Mk3 was their own? Have to go back and watch their DVD again.
Front Suspension: Includes high quality Bilstein brand mono-tube, rod-end, coil-over shocks, tubular upper a-arms with ball joints, adapter brackets and all grade-8 mounting hardware. Front suspension comes ready to use Mustang lower control arm/spindle and brakes.
Bilstein brand high performance mono-tube, rod-end shock absorbers
Coil-over kit for Bilstein dampers including spring hat, threaded seat and 500lb. black powdercoated performance springs
Adjustable upper control arms with ball joints and fasteners
Grade-8 mounting hardware.

Rear Suspension: Mk3 base kit includes rear axle brackets, fasteners and axle straps to mount your Mustang 8.8” rear solid axle and brakes. Comes with all fasteners and hardware required to install.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
. .

Rear Suspension: Mk3 base kit includes rear axle brackets, fasteners and axle straps to mount your Mustang 8.8” rear solid axle and brakes. Comes with all fasteners and hardware required to install.
They have several options for rear suspension. That's the base. I'll check it out when I get a chance and report back.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)