Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #501
pain's fun, hit me again

Machine work is finished. Crank came in but to my surprise the box wasn't packed at all, and there's some rust on the #1 journal. So the crank pretty much rounded out the box it came in, sent it off to be checked for straightness and to see if the journal needs to be machined.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #502
Fast & Filthy

Hopefully it's straight and only needs to be polished.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #503
pain's fun, hit me again

That's what I'm hoping for, my rings and bearings come in mid next week, then I can drop it off at the balancer.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #504
pain's fun, hit me again

Difficult to take a picture with my phone, here's the rust.

The wonderful box

Other than the idiot that shipped it, it's a very well made crank.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #505
pain's fun, hit me again

Been gathering shit, should be soon.
So I had some timing issue the last time we went to the dyno, turns out the aftercooler was completely plugged. Tried everything I could to clear it out, then finally used hydrocloric acid and that caused it to start to sweat on the charge side. I was able to trade some parts and some a/c work for a brand new one. String of good deals have befallen me and I am almost there, just need my rings to come in and everything else goes off the the balancer.
Old cooler

Charge side of old cooler, notice the older fin design

New cooler

Updated stacks

Charge fins

Blasted and ceramic painted to match the engine bay

Flywheel $100. Weights come off to make it neutral

ATI Balancer $50 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/at.../model/mustang

Stopping the world!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #506
pain's fun, hit me again

Main studs came in today. Dropped the pistons and rings off at the balancer and forgot the rods, so I'll take them down to tomorrow. Should be done next week.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #507
pain's fun, hit me again

Does anyone read this? Anyway...
Dropped off the rods today, should be done by next thursday.
Also grabbed my ARP goodies, flywheel bolts, cam bolt and balancer bolt. This thing is gonna make big power this time, might as well stop cutting corners.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:06 AM   #508
I, Vettezuki

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #509
Fast & Filthy

I just look at the pictures.

This build should do a lot better than the last one. Are you going to run the cam Joey made for you? I haven't called him yet but I think my issue might have been the intake gasket and not the cam. Have you spoken to him? If you do talk to him can you just have him check the lobes and if everythings good then pick it back up from him? I'll just hold onto it and maybe one day put it back in either the Cobra or maybe put it in the Explorer.

Are you going to take the car back to Steve once you finish it and retune it?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #510
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I just look at the pictures.

This build should do a lot better than the last one. Are you going to run the cam Joey made for you? I haven't called him yet but I think my issue might have been the intake gasket and not the cam. Have you spoken to him? If you do talk to him can you just have him check the lobes and if everythings good then pick it back up from him? I'll just hold onto it and maybe one day put it back in either the Cobra or maybe put it in the Explorer.

Are you going to take the car back to Steve once you finish it and retune it?
Yes, I'm going to run the same cam. When I dropped it off I asked him to check the lobes, haven't talked to him since I dropped it off. I'll pick it up and maybe I'll install it to have the short block read to go and just give you mine, since they're identical and all. You could probably sell that can for $150 or more, it's really a good ccan .

I will take it back to Steve, the car had way too much compression and a faulty cooler plus I have some fuel upgrades so it'll need a good final tune.

Stopping the world!