Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #101
pain's fun, hit me again

Yup, very angry with myself. Started wiping off what i could in the engine bay and hatch piece. Even with gallons and gallons of MEK its still a pain and makes a huge mess. Then i'll have to resand everything again, i'll likely not forget to add hardener again, i hope...

Took the crank over to be checked out and just like the rest of the engine it is worn out, needs to be ground down. So i'll have a completely new engine once it goes in the car, i guess now i have a reason to keep the boost down.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #102

Are you going to get it lightened and balanced at the same time?

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 09-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #103
pain's fun, hit me again

Nope, dont need too. Having it lightened would require a rebalance, only reason to have it lightened would be if i was spinning big rpm but im not with this one. It will have maybe a max power range of 6000, where the stock redline is 6250. So im still sticking with the budget theme and only doing whats really needed. So far the rebuild has cost me...
$180 for the pistons, tank, bore, hone, tap to 1/2", clearance the pistons, and hanging of the rods.
$200 head studs, main studs, adjustable guide plates, timing chain
$180 head gaskets
$70 cam grind
$320 for head work, porting, valve job, etc
$120 rockers
$100 molly rings and bearings

Still need various gaskets, pushrods and an intake then im all set, far over budget but the piece of mind for a new engine is nice, plus it will run hard without the vortech and be an obsolute monster after it.
Figure 9.3:1 at 14psi with a charge cooler will be about 500-550rwhp and about 410-430rwtq for under 2k, not bad at all.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:44 AM   #104
pain's fun, hit me again

So i took about a week off to recoupe my feelings towards the car, I have about 70% of the primer removed just the last 30% is on the doors and is in some difficult places to get to and all requires hand sanding then MEK to remove the excess. Thankfully I have Ron, Erik, and David coming over tomorrow to help me knock it out. I figure the 4 of us will be able to make some major head way in only a couple hours and I can focus on getting everything re-prepped again for my body man to come down and do the finish work on everything, still lots of various things that need to be finished before this upcoming friday. Once the body work is done we'll prime the entire car and then move to painting the bay, jambs, doors and hatch. This way i can re-assemble the car and start getting some shop space back while starting on the wiring and interior. It'll likely be around feb that i get all the needed body panels.

Today I finished up the front dent on the roof, back dent is about done and so is the fender lip, Tony will finish those though. Pic time

Also got my pistons back

Still waiting on the block, should be done by friday, any one want to donate some rings, bearings and studs?

Stopping the world!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #105
pain's fun, hit me again

So I have to start off with a huge thanks to Ron, Erik, and David. They came down and helped me for the better part of the day sanding, scrubbing and wiping i'd say they is 15% or less on the car now and it gave me a little time to fix the huge dent and wrinkle in the other side of the fender. Tomorrow i'll take a day since mondays usually consist of huge amounts of homework for Vaness, grocery shopping, preparing food for the week, etc. Tuesday however i'll finish the rest of the jambs and start sanding again. Wednesday i'll smooth everything together and etch it all in prep for friday, then hopefully i'll get some color on it and start assembly again. Pics to come later as the night ones didnt turn out very well.

Stopping the world!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 AM   #106
Fast & Filthy

You're welcome.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:38 PM   #107
pain's fun, hit me again

Almost there

Stopping the world!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #108
pain's fun, hit me again

More pics

Stopping the world!
Old 10-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #109
pain's fun, hit me again

Builder also hooked me up with some molly rings for $40, just need my head and main studs and re-assembly can begin.

Stopping the world!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #110
pain's fun, hit me again

So its been a pretty good weekend so far scored this for $150 shipped...
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-3821/

Stopping the world!