Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #51

More info on when and where to meet. Also will someone be bringing targets or should I bring some?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:47 PM   #52
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

If anyone needs .45 acp ammo pm my self or Ben (Vettezuki) for info on the discounted reloads we will be bringing on the 28th. I would like to get a rough count on rounds I need to make and bring.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #53
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by iespeed View Post
More info on when and where to meet. Also will someone be bringing targets or should I bring some?
See OP. There's not really a meetup place outside Lytle apparently, so just go in around 10:00am on the 28th. I've never been so I don't know if they have targets or how much they are if they do, so you might want to bring some. PM me with your cell and give me a buzz as you get near. I'll let you know what the lane situation is. It's my first time there, so I'm not sure what the sharing arrangements can be.

As Chuck said, we'll have some paper punch'n .45 ACP at low prices if that's what you shoot and need ammo.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #54
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
See OP. There's not really a meetup place outside Lytle apparently, so just go in around 10:00am on the 28th. I've never been so I don't know if they have targets or how much they are if they do, so you might want to bring some. PM me with your cell and give me a buzz as you get near. I'll let you know what the lane situation is. It's my first time there, so I'm not sure what the sharing arrangements can be.

As Chuck said, we'll have some paper punch'n .45 ACP at low prices if that's what you shoot and need ammo.
We could all meet at Shell station off the freeway and cruise up together.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #55
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
We could all meet at Shell station off the freeway and cruise up together.
I don't know how many people are coming. Is it big enough to accommodate 5+ cars just haning?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-23-2010, 01:59 AM   #56
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I don't know how many people are coming. Is it big enough to accommodate 5+ cars just haning?
For Sure, Large area meant for trucks with trailers and RV's
Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #57

Would You consider reloading some rifle ammo in the future? Ammo for my antique rifles is hard to find and pricey when I can find it. Maybe If I buy the dies?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #58
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Would You consider reloading some rifle ammo in the future? Ammo for my antique rifles is hard to find and pricey when I can find it. Maybe If I buy the dies?
You don't need to buy the dies, but an initial minimum purchase might expedite the overall process.

I don't know about Chuck, but I'm particularly interested in the precision loading of rifle ammo, which brings a whole set of micro details not (so) relevant to loading for pistols, especially when just punching paper.

What are we talking about here? I have one friend who has the same problem for Mauser 8x57. There's surplus ammo, but it's all corrosive stuff.

Are there many others interested in this caliber as well?

Also, for my calculation purposes, what kind of a "fair market price" and quantities are you theoretically interested in?

No commitments here, just discussion. This all just helps us make a reasonable calculation.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #59

I have not been out in a couple of years, but if this turns into something that I still enjoy doing. I am interested in 45-70, 30-40 krag and probably 38-55. Would need not more than 80 rounds of each at a time. I am checking into max breech pressures for each paticular rifle. Probably would be wanting to mix and match, whether I am punching targets or trying to hurt my friends shoulders! I might still check into my own loading setup, me and my dad loaded our own ammo for alot of years. But like I said, that will depend on whether shooting still rocks my world. Oh yeah, prices. Well I'm paying about $40 for 20 45-70, have not checked into the 38-55 yet and the 30-40 I can not purchase yet. National backorder since Nov. '09. But those were going for about $30 for 20. What if I bought the dies? would that help the bottom line?
Old 08-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #60
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I have not been out in a couple of years, but if this turns into something that I still enjoy doing. I am interested in 45-70, 30-40 krag and probably 38-55. Would need not more than 80 rounds of each at a time. I am checking into max breech pressures for each paticular rifle. Probably would be wanting to mix and match, whether I am punching targets or trying to hurt my friends shoulders! I might still check into my own loading setup, me and my dad loaded our own ammo for alot of years. But like I said, that will depend on whether shooting still rocks my world. Oh yeah, prices. Well I'm paying about $40 for 20 45-70, have not checked into the 38-55 yet and the 30-40 I can not purchase yet. National backorder since Nov. '09. But those were going for about $30 for 20. What if I bought the dies? would that help the bottom line?
Man you were serious about antique!

As for dies, that lowers cost a whole bunch, and if there isn't a market sufficient market for these rounds, that'd make all the difference in the world. Another way to do the same thing is just commit to an initial purchase of rounds suffecient to cover cost. It's the same to you cost wise, but you end with a bunch more ammo.

Let me do a little research. The brass ain't cheap that's for sure. Do you have any?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)