Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #31

Blackboostn, would you recommend a MBC for the SRT-4? I have very little experience with SRT-4 other than helping a friend with his. From my knowledge of tuning Subies, MBC are not recommended because of part throttle, full boost conditions, causing lean running during open loop/closed loop transition. I know DSM guys use them all the time, but in conjunction with some sort of fuel controller.

Engine
- APS SR-30 Turbo
- Titek Bellmouth catted downpipe
- Borla Catback
- Boost Cooler Methanol Injection with VCS-25 controller
- GM Boost control solenoid
- Open Source tuned

Chassis
-Perrin Anti-lift kit
-22mm SPT rear swaybar
Old 12-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #32
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by axotlprogeny View Post
Blackboostn, would you recommend a MBC for the SRT-4? I have very little experience with SRT-4 other than helping a friend with his. From my knowledge of tuning Subies, MBC are not recommended because of part throttle, full boost conditions, causing lean running during open loop/closed loop transition. I know DSM guys use them all the time, but in conjunction with some sort of fuel controller.
I wouldn't really recommend it unless ur on an external wastegate or big turbo... an waste gate actuator would do just fine. i ran a s2 wga for a while and spike 18 and held 16 and that worked just fine lol. I actually plan and staying with my internal wga setup for most of my goal. should be able to hit 350whp on a ported stock turbo and methanol using an aftermarket wga.

imo they just aren't worth it till you hit the big numbers.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
I wouldn't really recommend it unless ur on an external wastegate or big turbo... an waste gate actuator would do just fine. i ran a s2 wga for a while and spike 18 and held 16 and that worked just fine lol. I actually plan and staying with my internal wga setup for most of my goal. should be able to hit 350whp on a ported stock turbo and methanol using an aftermarket wga.

imo they just aren't worth it till you hit the big numbers.
You don't still have your s2 wga do you? In case I can talk her into it, I might buy it off of you.

Is the resonator in line with a straight section of exhaust? I was planning to replace it with a straight piece of pipe and just clamp it with female sections, in case she ever wants the resonator back on.

I won't be able to make it this Sat. Last final is on Mon, I'll be studying 16 hours a day. As soon as I stop procrastinating here actually.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #34
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You don't still have your s2 wga do you? In case I can talk her into it, I might buy it off of you.

Is the resonator in line with a straight section of exhaust? I was planning to replace it with a straight piece of pipe and just clamp it with female sections, in case she ever wants the resonator back on.

I won't be able to make it this Sat. Last final is on Mon, I'll be studying 16 hours a day. As soon as I stop procrastinating here actually.
I do still have it, but to be honest it wasn't worth the investment. That's why I'm on stock wga right now. Needed 3bar sensors in order for the pcm to read the correct boost levels, also without fuel management or wideband its impossible to know if ur running too lean or not. It just wasn't a safe option in my case so I took it off.

I MIGHT be gettin rid of a borla catback pretty soon tho... Maybe that's an option

Yes the resinators are in line with a straight section, it should be pretty easy with the right tools to take that section out lol

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 12-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #35
Super Moderator

I have a wideband, you should have called me. Could have hooked it up in 10 mins, taken a drive and let you know what was going on.

How much do you want for the wga? And how hard was it to put on? Did you need to pull the turbo off? And could you feel a difference with the extra boost?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #36
Boost Junkie

Quote:
I have a wideband, you should have called me. Could have hooked it up in 10 mins, taken a drive and let you know what was going on.

How much do you want for the wga? And how hard was it to put on? Did you need to pull the turbo off? And could you feel a difference with the extra boost?
Didn't know u had one

On the stock fuel system the s2 is just too much of a pain, although it held boost much better it cut fuel under wide open throttle after a while. That's why I took it off

If u really want it I'll sell it for 35.

Easy to install, remove upper heat shield, remove two bolts and a cotter pin and remove then reverse to reinstall.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 12-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
Didn't know u had one

On the stock fuel system the s2 is just too much of a pain, although it held boost much better it cut fuel under wide open throttle after a while. That's why I took it off

If u really want it I'll sell it for 35.

Easy to install, remove upper heat shield, remove two bolts and a cotter pin and remove then reverse to reinstall.
Cut fuel? What do you mean? How long were you WOT?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #38

fuel injectors probably cut out for a second to save the motor from detonation, aka "fuel cut."
Old 12-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #39
Super Moderator

Boostn, how long were you WOT before this happened? I don't see my mom on the gas in 4th gear at 120mph and climbing.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #40
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Boostn, how long were you WOT before this happened? I don't see my mom on the gas in 4th gear at 120mph and climbing.
Basically in any gear, and it would happen with boost spike (these cars spool very quick) at any rpms. It held good for a while and I didn't have any issues, but then I started throwing and getting fuel cut aka spark cut. Imo if ur not gonna be s2 don't run it its not worth it!!

<guy in turbo eclipse>