Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
pain's fun, hit me again

If you cant go WOT under 3k thats not a very stout engine. Aftermarket makes all things equal though
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #12

It's because the turbo spools so fast. If you go wot at 2k you can hit 18psi by 2500. which is too much stress on the stock rods. My situation was different as my avatar shows.

I had a fuel pump problem which lead me to run lean....you can see the rest lol

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 06-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
pain's fun, hit me again

Again, if a portion of the engine assembly is causing stress on another, it ould not be classified as a stout engine. Cool maybe, but i wouldnt buy a car like that with the intention of tearing it down to make it reliable for my foot.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #14

It's mazdas faulty design. They put too small of a turbo on the car. Which is why it runs out of breath around 5-5500 rpms.

I'm not totally disagreeing with you. They should of put a bigger turbo in or fixed the WGDC in the tune so it wouldn't spool so fast.

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 06-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosten ya View Post
I know. Our main problem with blown motors was 2 reasons. 1. Ppl were going wot below 3k rpms. 2. Bad tuning. There are plenty of guys that are in the 400-450whp range on stock block. There are a few ppl that are 500whp but ppl are starting to pop. So it seems stock block is good for about 450-475.

Now our problem is fuel but we arr getting some 5th/6th port injectors.
shit, I go WOT all the time below 3k rpm lol... I just spin the bajesus out of the tires when I do. The stock ECOTEC block in the cobalt SS (supercharged and turbocharged) is good to over 500whp easy with a decent tune and a big turbo. Though, I did have a bearing problem in the transmission after I was at fontana trying to murder cars that were "faster" than me lol. 145mph across the banking, I'm thinking something didn't get enough oil up there.

I would have to agree with Guy, the stock lower end is letting most people down. But in your case, I hope you have the tuning figured out, or the fueling figured out or no matter how stout you have made the block, you can still blow it up again if the tune lets you down... the boldest plans of mice an men can be foiled by one minuscule number in a spot that no one looks at on the tune file.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #16

Sounds like you need a windage trey.

Yeah I got the tune down and our fuel system is good for about 400-450whp and 400wtq. We are working on 5th/6th port injectors. Testing should start in a few weeks.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosten ya View Post
Sounds like you need a windage trey.

Yeah I got the tune down and our fuel system is good for about 400-450whp and 400wtq. We are working on 5th/6th port injectors. Testing should start in a few weeks.
How does your High pressure pump work? Is it cam driven like the cobalt?

EDIT: Take a picture of the manifold, in my car guys are using the EVAP port to put a 5th injector in, I believe they are using a 60lb injector there. And we get enough fuel flow from the in tank pump to supposedly just piggyback off the fuel line before the HP fuel pump.... this is what I plan to do if I keep modding............ http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...ontroller.aspx

I don't think a windage tray would help in the trans really, there really isnt any room to put anything in there, plus gears and synchros and everything just not a good idea, its not a sump really like the crankcase. I think it was just a weak bearing, I had a few buddies that were going around the track too and they were fine, it was just bad luck. Chevy warrantied it though so I dont really care that much.

Last edited by Ryridesmotox : 06-12-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: edit link
Old 06-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
pain's fun, hit me again

A windage tray in a trans?

Stopping the world!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #19

I had a reading fail. I was thinking the motor lol

We have to run the dw65 in tank fuel pump but yes exactly what you guys are doing except we are spraying into the throttle body.

One guy is running dual 1000cc injectors made a little over 500whp but ran out of fuel on a gtx35r. He is going to get 1200cc injectors and see what happens.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #20

Hopefully they get it figured out. The MS3 is a sweet car, it just gets let down by the powerplant a little cuz mazda didn't give it the good stuff from the factory.