Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-13-2010, 09:57 AM   #11

Thanks bro, the tax return hit the bank allready so here we go haha
Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrtive View Post
Thanks bro, the tax return hit the bank allready so here we go haha
Do you want more handling or power? What does it have done so far? I'd do intake, exhaust, and then procharger if it were me
Old 02-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #13
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Do you want more handling or power? What does it have done so far? I'd do intake, exhaust, and then procharger if it were me
Oh, and gears go a LONG way with Mach's. If you're planning on going supercharged I'd go 4:10's, but if you plan to stay n//a I'd go 4:30's.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #14
Resident Avatar Gambler

Oh, and what color did you get?
Old 02-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #15
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
I ended up with a o3 mach 1 great price so now i need some mods any suggestions?
Welcome to the Mach1 Club!! I have a JLT intake, flowmaster mufflers, FRPP 4.10 gears and a SCT xCal3. Next power adder is a D-1SC with intercooler. Good luck with yours.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 02-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #16

Cool everybody that chimmed in, it is grey and i just did flowmasters w/cool dbl wall tips, next will be cai what is good for this mach 1?? Oh and is the diablo tuner good i like the price? Thanks again
Old 02-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #17
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Cool everybody that chimmed in, it is grey and i just did flowmasters w/cool dbl wall tips, next will be cai what is good for this mach 1?? Oh and is the diablo tuner good i like the price? Thanks again
If you haven't already, check out Mach1registry.com

Great Mach1 forum, and you can find lots of used blowers on there
Old 02-13-2010, 10:56 PM   #18
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Most peopl I have talked to for CAI recommend the JLT products. I went with the RAI kit since it still utilizes the Ram air form the Shaker. The only thing I do not like about it is that the elbow going into the TB rubs on the underside of the hood. Not a huge deal though.

As far as hand held tuners. The most common one seems to be the SCT xCal 3. That is the one I have and if I had it to do all over again I would not have bought it. I did buy it primarily for the ability to change the gear ratio since I went to 4.10's. I loaded the tune and under load at 4K and above the car knocked. I contacted SCT and to make a long story short they said either get a custom tune or add some fuel and drop the timing. This pissed me off to no end. I just shelled out about $400 for a tuner that said it works with minor modifications such as exhaust, intakes and some other minor mods with out a problem and there is a problem for me. Not only that there main fix for the problem is shell out a bunch more $$ for a custom tune. I messed around with the tune myself and it is still not perfect but good enough for now. In the near future I will be getting a custom tune so that I know that the tune is safe and will not hurt the engine.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 02-14-2010, 10:11 AM   #19

Thanks Sean & Adam very helpful, i can start my modding. I dont know if i am gonna go blower yet, but very possible in the future, so for now just some decent bolt on's and a tunner-i liked my diablo on my charger and what Adam said spooked me a little so i might go that way. I will keep yall up to date and try to get to one of your meet & greets.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #20
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Thanks Sean & Adam very helpful, i can start my modding. I dont know if i am gonna go blower yet, but very possible in the future, so for now just some decent bolt on's and a tunner-i liked my diablo on my charger and what Adam said spooked me a little so i might go that way. I will keep yall up to date and try to get to one of your meet & greets.
No problem. Post of pics ASAP though