Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-31-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default New Camaro Rumors

This is taken from another board - pretty crazy if true. The power is awesome, the weight not so much

Here's what I heard today....

"Z28/LSA Dyno Results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little birdie dropped off a note today regarding the '10 Camaro Z28 with supercharged (1.9 TVS) 6.2L/LSA:

Quote:
The Z28 will also have 550+ HP that's underated. The dyno chart showed 520 RWHP 492 RWTQ. Changing a pulley and adding a tune & exhaust the thing had 615 RWHP and 602 RWTQ. They said that that was with a mid size pulley. They have smaller ones.

On the downside the car will weight at or over 4000lbs.

The SS is still going to be 430hp from a LS3 (3900lbs). It's gone 12.7@113 in testing. "
Old 05-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Old 06-01-2008, 12:13 AM   #3

Looks like i need a whipple
Old 06-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

LOL, I'm thinking the same thing. The only thing though, is that the LS-A doesn't have forged pistons. Even though it can achieve those kind of numbers, I'm not sure how long the pistons would hold out for
Old 06-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
LOL, I'm thinking the same thing. The only thing though, is that the LS-A doesn't have forged pistons. Even though it can achieve those kind of numbers, I'm not sure how long the pistons would hold out for
FWIW, there are a lot of stock LS1s running around at about 550BHP . . . seems to be the safe limit for the internals, though there are guys pushing towards 600.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-01-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Yeah, but 615 RWHP put it well over 700 crank. Not sure the pistons would hold up for too long at that power level...
Old 06-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #7

doesnt seem to be a problem for the callaway corvette, which has a stock internals LS3 that is supercharged.

so it looks like the z28 will be available with options to take it higher than an SS. Thats smart considering that the styling goes back to the first gen, why not make the models do the same.

so lets bring it out already.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
This is taken from another board - pretty crazy if true. The power is awesome, the weight not so much

Here's what I heard today....

"Z28/LSA Dyno Results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little birdie dropped off a note today regarding the '10 Camaro Z28 with supercharged (1.9 TVS) 6.2L/LSA:

Quote:
The Z28 will also have 550+ HP that's underated. The dyno chart showed 520 RWHP 492 RWTQ. Changing a pulley and adding a tune & exhaust the thing had 615 RWHP and 602 RWTQ. They said that that was with a mid size pulley. They have smaller ones.

On the downside the car will weight at or over 4000lbs.

The SS is still going to be 430hp from a LS3 (3900lbs). It's gone 12.7@113 in testing. "

Yes, she is back.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1dave View Post
doesnt seem to be a problem for the callaway corvette, which has a stock internals LS3 that is supercharged.

so it looks like the z28 will be available with options to take it higher than an SS. Thats smart considering that the styling goes back to the first gen, why not make the models do the same.

so lets bring it out already.
Actually for this generation, the Z28 is going to be the highest trim level. The SS is going to be the base V8 car. That's the rumor anyway.