Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
Fast & Filthy

I don't want to mess with tuning. I don't have enough understanding of how all the electronics work together to be able to properly tune my car and I don't what to risk blowing it up to learn. I'd rather pay Steve a $120 and have it right the first time.

My buddy Brendan (ronsfriend on here) has tuning software already that he used to tune his twin turbo GTO. However, he is a certified GM tech and he knows a whole lot more than I do. He got the software from the guy he bought the turbos from so it already had a base tune that was set up for the turbo. Brendan just spent time perfecting it which he still says he hasn't finished. However, being in Afghanistan for a year is putting a damper on that.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I don't want to mess with tuning. I don't have enough understanding of how all the electronics work together to be able to properly tune my car and I don't what to risk blowing it up to learn. I'd rather pay Steve a $120 and have it right the first time.

My buddy Brendan (ronsfriend on here) has tuning software already that he used to tune his twin turbo GTO. However, he is a certified GM tech and he knows a whole lot more than I do. He got the software from the guy he bought the turbos from so it already had a base tune that was set up for the turbo. Brendan just spent time perfecting it which he still says he hasn't finished. However, being in Afghanistan for a year is putting a damper on that.
Does Steve travel with his tuning gear. I don't think I need to get on a dyno for just updating the parameters for new upsized injectors, but don't want to drive with them before tuning.

MMm, maybe I could just get another MAF for 32lbs and that'd solve the problem too I think. If there is such a thing.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #13
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Does Steve travel with his tuning gear. I don't think I need to get on a dyno for just updating the parameters for new upsized injectors, but don't want to drive with them before tuning.

MMm, maybe I could just get another MAF for 32lbs and that'd solve the problem too I think. If there is such a thing.
No, he tunes on the dyno. You can email him though and tell him what you have and what you're going to do. I did that when I was building the Cobra and he told me what injectors, MAF and fuel pump to buy. We did the same with Eric's combo because we are going to take it to Steve once it's finished.