Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #11
Super Moderator

No its for people who had jobs when they built their motors, but now can't afford slick and a 12 bolt IRS upgrade.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #12
pain's fun, hit me again

If you cant push it, then I guess we know who's car is faster
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #13
Super Moderator

You're just mad that I beat a blown ford stroker NA :P
Old 08-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

Nah, like I said. He was probably only putting down in the 370-390 range. 90% of ford engine combos arent put together right and if I had my choice the blue car would have an ls3 instead of its whimpy little 308
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

I'm actually curious about the aero difference of a C3 to a 94 Cobra. I'm not so sure the C3 is better. It's Fing huge up front with some styling curves, not so much aero curves.

enkeivette, you'd never get anywhere near your gear limitation, you'd need well over 1000WHP to push through the air at that speed, but you *might* be able to crack 200 in fith on a hard pack salt flats (not a soft lake bed of course).

Ron, if you're building up your engine and have any intention to do flying mile type stuff, I'm under the ipmression ring gaps are critical for blown applications. Basically they have to be kept much looser so they can expand at the much harsher long WOT period, otherwise they can actually melt. That's what I remember from the later cobras. Actually might been the piston heads themselves that started binding in the motor. The down side of course is that you'll have a "loose" motor for more normal driving.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #16

enkei... how much power are you pushing?

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm actually curious about the aero difference of a C3 to a 94 Cobra. I'm not so sure the C3 is better. It's Fing huge up front with some styling curves, not so much aero curves.

enkeivette, you'd never get anywhere near your gear limitation, you'd need well over 1000WHP to push through the air at that speed, but you *might* be able to crack 200 in fith on a hard pack salt flats (not a soft lake bed of course).

Ron, if you're building up your engine and have any intention to do flying mile type stuff, I'm under the ipmression ring gaps are critical for blown applications. Basically they have to be kept much looser so they can expand at the much harsher long WOT period, otherwise they can actually melt. That's what I remember from the later cobras. Actually might been the piston heads themselves that started binding in the motor. The down side of course is that you'll have a "loose" motor for more normal driving.
FWIW a fox GT has a drag coefficient of .34 to a c5's .38 and a cobra has a .37
And a later model cobra has a completely different engine.

Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:07 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
FWIW a fox GT has a drag coefficient of .34 to a c5's .38 and a cobra has a .37
And a later model cobra has a completely different engine.
Thought so. No way a C5 is that low. And a C3 is terrible for real aero (which really only matters over 100mph or so, but starts to matter A LOT).

More charts and analysis. The C3 is not so good compared to modern vehicles.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...nd-tunnel.html

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #19
pain's fun, hit me again

That's a typo, it should have been .38, not .28, either way I was wrong, close, but wrong. Its been a while since I looked but I remembered mustang werent all that far off.
Mustangs are surprisingly aerodynamic

Stopping the world!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
That's a typo, it should have been .38, not .28, either way I was wrong, close, but wrong. Its been a while since I looked but I remembered mustang werent all that far off.
Mustangs are surprisingly aerodynamic
You had a zero in there too. There's a lot of difference between .28 and .38, and an order of magnitude between .028 and .38. But I'm mostly just breaking your balls.

Here's the lowest cd car in the world, the Paccar at 0.075.

Here's apparently the lowest commercial car, the 2010 Mercedes E-class at 0.24. Even better than a Prius at 0.25!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)