Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-26-2014, 08:31 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Wall Heater Antenna

Ive never been very big on paying for cable. I watch local channels, 4,5,7,9,11 & 13, and then I redbox and netflix movies (comp hooked up to my TV).

Anyways, just moved in to a new place and ordered a new antenna. But in the meantime I ran my coax cable and touched the lead to my wall heater. Perfect reception on most all of those local channels. With the digital signal, there is basically no more snow with an antenna. It comes in clear or it doesn't come in at all. And with a decent antenna you can pick up all of those channels.

Just a thought for those of you who are paying for cable, but maybe shouldnt be if youre just watching local channels anyways.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
Super Moderator

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390753902.887380.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390753924.044461.jpg
Old 02-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #3

My problem with local TV is the brain dead shows and with 10-12 min of ads in every 30 min show it's just not worth watching so I suck it up and pay for the movie channels.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:35 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

DirecTV keeps jacking up their prices. We're just on basic HD and it's almost $100/month now. I have u-verse for internet, which is like $55. I'm thinking to ditch DirecTV and go up for whatever the highest cable internet I can get here and we can watch what we want through the internet and over the air for digital broadcast for the most part I think.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-06-2014, 04:43 AM   #5
Internet Tough Guy

I have cox and between internet and cable I pay $200 per month. Shitty. So I'm keeping the internet, but I'm going to dump cable in favor of Apple TV. All the shows I like (HBO series- true blood, Game of Thrones, and True Detectives) are available. It's $100 for the device. I'm not sure if there is a monthly fee, but I will keep you guys posted.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #6
Super Moderator

Netflix, $8 a month. Boom. We just got net zero, $20 a month. Ill keep yall posted on how well it works.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I have cox and between internet and cable I pay $200 per month. Shitty. So I'm keeping the internet, but I'm going to dump cable in favor of Apple TV. All the shows I like (HBO series- true blood, Game of Thrones, and True Detectives) are available. It's $100 for the device. I'm not sure if there is a monthly fee, but I will keep you guys posted.
That sounds good, except for you being a grown man and watching true blood.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #8
I, Vettezuki

I have Netflix streaming and depending on what you want, it's not so great. THere is a ton of old stuff on there, plenty of small films and independent documentaries too that are kind of fun. Some series like Breaking Bad, BSG, etc., but it's missing almost all new movies.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
Internet Tough Guy

I got net flicks, hulu, and busy on my xbox. They suck dick. Especially hulu. Apple your supposed to be able to get recent channels. Enkie, true blood rocks. Don't be a hater.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Update: Net Zero is a scam. They claimed that we used 1 gig of data watching 10 mins of netflix. Then they claimed another .7 gigs while the box was turned off. Almost 2 gigs during our first 2 days with basically no usage. Its a scam.

The AT&T hotspot works much better. You can watch several movies for that much data usage.