Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #21
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
To be clear, I never functioned under the assumption that the mustang would be as fast as the vette, it wouldnt, and i knew that all along.
Not without taking a huge cut to comfort, driveability, your wallet, etc

What it seems you want is a mild mannered car that is fun around the streets, making a mustang competitive in anything takes tens of thousands of dollars and turns it into strictly a race car. Why not buy one of the rollers from corner-carvers and build a fun street car? You would get thousands in parts for pennies on the dollar.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #22

Im well aware of what a mustang takes to be competitive, ive done it once before, my only previous track focused car was, in fact, an SN95 car. That car was, by all right, much too rough to drive on the street regularly, but was a hoot nonetheless.

The roller you found is very intriguing though, but i think ill have to hold out for an SN car, something about that body style that ive always liked.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:40 AM   #23
pain's fun, hit me again

There are others, especially sn cars, let me looksie
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:45 AM   #24
pain's fun, hit me again

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...t=1995+mustang

1995 Mustang Cobra
Rio Red / Black&Tan interior
~182,000 original miles

Modifications
Suspension:
Front:
Steeda "Race" springs (850-1050lbs)
Koni SA struts )
M.M. Caster / Camber plates
"Cobra" Swaybar with Energy Suspension urethane bushings.

Rear:
Steeda 5-link "clone" (w/long PHB) (ESP legal)
450lbs circle track springs
Koni SA shocks

Drivetrain:
GT 5 speed Transmission
(Original "Cobra" 5spd will come with the car/needs to be rebuilt)
Pro-5.0 shifter
King Cobra Clutch
3:55 Gears repacked factory limited slip, with 2 extra friction discs (ESP Legal)

Wheels:
M179 ’95 Cobra R wheels

Chassis:
Ford "TSB" sub-frame connectors (ESP legal)

Engine:
Stock ~182,000 mile internals, no smoke, no odd noises (synthetic since 59,000mi; made 240.3RWHP and 297.8RWTQ at 130,000 mark with only K&N and H-pipe)
Factory Cobra GT-40 heads
Factory Cobra Intake
Densecharger in-fender cold air kit w/K&N filter.
A/C delete pulley (A/C and its components have been removed, but can go with car.)
Timing set at 14 degrees BTDC

Exhaust:
BBK long tube headers.
BBK h-pipe pipe.
Flomaster 40 series mufflers into dumps (needed to clear the 5-link)

Interior:
Rear seat delete (original to go with car)
Pep Boy "racing" seats / black in color (Note: These are ok for auto-crossing, but would recommend "real" seats for street and open track.)
Original seat's included with sale.

Exterior:
Cobra "R" hood - I have 2 Cobra "R" hoods, but both need work. (1 needs work on the hinge mounts, the other needs significant fiberglass work.)
No front fog lights
Otherwise the exterior is stock including the cobra rear wing

Condition:

Exterior:
Again, this car did get in an accident or two. The front has a black primer cobra front valance, a blue cobra "R" hood, and a fender that does not match the rest of the car. Driver's door needs a new door pin. (This car has been driven, and auto-crossed since the accident some 4 years ago and has no issues reliability issues.) There is a dent over the rear fender on driver's side and a door ding or two.

Interior:
The air bags did deploy, but I have them replaced but *NOT* hooked up. Pep Boy "racing" seats(black) are on factory Ford sliders. Harness bar is installed and (2) Schrothe 4pt cam-lock harnesses (red)will come with the car. All of the stereo has been removed.

Items that will also come with car (some noted above):
Set of (4) 1995 Cobra rims with tires
Set of (4) 1996 Cobra rims with tires
Steeda 1 3/8" tubular front sway bar
Aluminum battery relocation box
All A/C components that have been removed
Rear deck stereo with amps
original 1995 Cobra "R" 351W block (with hole in one of the piston walls) and rotating assembly
Koni double adj. struts (need to be rebuilt)
Mustang 5.0L bellhousing. Ford part number RF-F4ZR-6394-CA

Basically, I have a *LOT* of stuff and anything that is Mustang related you can have when you come and pick it up.

Asking $4000 OBO

The car is located in Salisbury, MD. The car is drivable (needs a new battery) but i'm not sure on the current condition of the tires, though they are all still holding air. Not currently tagged. Oh, and the MD title is clear and has no salvage notes tied to it. I'm sure I have left things out, so feel free to ask anything you need to know.

Pictures to be posted this weekend as I get it out and clean it up some.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
Like the title says, thinking of selling the Z06. Dont get me wrong, absolutely love this car, just something about it, not sure. I feel like its going to be hard to make it "mine". Any C5 cosmetic mods are ugly, and if i have a Z06 thats real quick around a track so what, they all are. Guess Id rather have a car that I made very capable, than one that just is. Maybe id change my mind once i start putting some go-fast goodies on it, but I dont want to head down that road if im going to change my mind.

Been feeling the itch to do an SN95 mustang road race car, coilovers/Tubular K member, and an 03 cobra IRS, 393 windsor, T56. something like that. Even if it was a bit slower than the Z ( and it would be) it would be much, much faster around a track than anyone expects, and I feel like maybe i could prove something to folks about the old oft-maligned fox/fox4 chassis. ( have past experience with a similar car to the one id build, just less motor and a torque arm/panhard bar rear)

However, it would be a much worse DD, and whatever i build, has to serve that role, at least for a time, (probably a couple years, till im done with school. )

So why should I keep the Z?( or why shouldnt I?) Lets hear it.
You want some motivation? You're thinking of selling your Z06 for a Mustang. Say that to yourself outloud.

A monster pullied Cobra might be a different story. But shit.

If you want to make this thing your own, buy some SMC adhesive and bond in some fender flares and get some deep dish wheels. Then no one else will look like you.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You want some motivation? You're thinking of selling your Z06 for a Mustang. Say that to yourself outloud. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)