Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #21

Update: Looks promising for the most part. The E85/91 blend is allowing me to run alot more advance than usual. I am running into a problem however... Apparently my car is making too much power. I have reached the limit of my fuel system. The high pressure fuel pump isn't able to keep up with fuel demands. This happens after you start making more than 410lbs of torque (more or less) at the wheels. My only options at this point are to increase the 91 octane percentage or to increase the capacity of the high pressure fuel pump.

Sooooo in an attempt to find a solution I need to locate a diesel shop that can bore out the pump and install a larger piston. If anyone knows of a good place let me know. I am searching right now.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkLookingCar View Post
Well, that's embarrassing. I've never even heard of the LC3. So much for considering myself a car guy.
There were installed in only two cars, STS-V and XLR-V which were made from 2006 to 2009.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 05-01-2011, 02:24 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkLookingCar View Post
Well, that's embarrassing. I've never even heard of the LC3. So much for considering myself a car guy.
If it makes you feel better it was basically a smaller bore, supercharged Northstar motor.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to sinaSRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Update: Looks promising for the most part. The E85/91 blend is allowing me to run alot more advance than usual. I am running into a problem however... Apparently my car is making too much power. I have reached the limit of my fuel system. The high pressure fuel pump isn't able to keep up with fuel demands. This happens after you start making more than 410lbs of torque (more or less) at the wheels. My only options at this point are to increase the 91 octane percentage or to increase the capacity of the high pressure fuel pump.
That's a good thing. Looking forward to seeing your car again. Great numbers, btw! Those stock turbos that you guys are running must have some compressor wheels ranging in the 37-39 lb/per minute flow rates (comparable to a Mopar stage 3 turbo for the SRT [TD-05].

Old 05-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #25

I didn't think a TD05 could make that much power. But, those Ecotech motors are pretty potent engines. The first time I've seen one in action (whooped me big time) was in a Saturn. I shocked the guys hand afterwards in amazement.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 05-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #26

Send a message via Skype™ to sinaSRT-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
I didn't think a TD05 could make that much power. But, those Ecotech motors are pretty potent engines. The first time I've seen one in action (whooped me big time) was in a Saturn. I shocked the guys hand afterwards in amazement.
Stock Stage 3 SRT-4 with 2.5 inch Exhaust, 100 octane fuel, and high octane mode acivated will net 370whp and about 400wtq. Pretty close to what the op is running. The new turbo SS Ecotecs are damn good engines though.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #27

100 octane makes a huge difference though, there is no way either car could do that on CA 91, not with stock internals at least. Either way, that's still really good numbers. If I get to the point where I have to run 100 octane or E85, building my bottom end should happen first!

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 05-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinaSRT-4 View Post
Stock Stage 3 SRT-4 with 2.5 inch Exhaust, 100 octane fuel, and high octane mode acivated will net 370whp and about 400wtq. Pretty close to what the op is running. The new turbo SS Ecotecs are damn good engines though.
I think so too... Since a bone stock lower end can handle up to 500WHP... now the trans is a different story.

Another Update: My car is on the stock Kd04. It is actually running up to 41lbs/min of airflow at the MAF according to my HP tuners logs. The E85 netted me like 30hp and torque at the wheels so I would think that I am right about 425torque and 360-370whp but I have to dyno it to make sure. I may swap turbos but I would have to tune back to straight 91 octane. As it stands right now I might have to run 75% 91 octane to 25% E85 or a 60/40 mix of the two. The 50/50 is just not getting enough rail pressure right now. I am running like 950 psi at WOT through the meat of my powerband from 3500-5500rpm And that is when my computer and my foot are commanding 2200psi of rail pressure. I keep throwing low rail pressure codes. And when I do it throws me into reduced power mode. That being said I am still pulling 4.7 60-100mph runs on average. If I run more 91 I won't need to run as high of a rail pressure since I will be running more "rich" than with the higher E85 mix. But the more I lessen E85 in the mix the less timing advance I run... Right now I am about 20 degrees of advance at WOT.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I'd never supercharge a 4 cylinder. I knew this guy who Supercharged his Focus. I think he made 178 wheel horsepower.

Blowers just take too much power to drive to run one on a 4 cylinder, especially with low boost.
I turn 250hp out of my 2.2L 4 banger, a blower would work just fine.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #30

That sucks with your fuel issues. Do you still have the stock fpr? I can't imagine a 255 not being able to keep up, I could be wrong though.