Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
Internet Tough Guy

It depends how serious you are. I had a bund of Steeda parts on my old mustang and they were fine. The Griggs and MM parts are both high quality parts made by companies that actually participate in motorsports and that is good.

But let there be NO DOUBT, the AGENT 47 suspention components are the best. The best AI and AIX racers have made the switch.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #12
Boost Junkie

i never said griggs was cheap hehe. Best stuff i've ever seen though!!

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
It depends how serious you are. I had a bund of Steeda parts on my old mustang and they were fine. The Griggs and MM parts are both high quality parts made by companies that actually participate in motorsports and that is good.

But let there be NO DOUBT, the AGENT 47 suspention components are the best. The best AI and AIX racers have made the switch.
Well, mainly it's my street car which will see the track on occasion. Maybe once a month or so. Would i be safe in going with a mild suspension build like the steeda kits? Which did you have on your Mustang?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
Internet Tough Guy

I would start by deciding what you are going to use the car for (Daily driver, drag, autocross, road race) and then call the companies and see what they say. Hint the first thing out of their mouths should be what you are going to use the car for. Finally stick to one brand, don't mix and match. These guys are testing and designing components to work together.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #15

Quote:
I would start by deciding what you are going to use the car for (Daily driver, drag, autocross, road race) and then call the companies and see what they say. Hint the first thing out of their mouths should be what you are going to use the car for. Finally stick to one brand, don't mix and match. These guys are testing and designing components to work together.
Oh ok cool. Thanks for the help man. I'm looking at the state 2 Steeda suspension kit, and i would probably add a set of full length sfcs cause the stage 3 comes with standards. Ill see what i come up with cause it's looking like steeda is more in my price range. Like a grand around is what im trying to spend. Also 95% of the time it's gonna be my daily driver, so i think a mild suspension should be ok.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . . But let there be NO DOUBT, the AGENT 47 suspention components are the best. The best AI and AIX racers have made the switch.
Damn, that is some trick looking stuff! Are any of these Fox guys running up in your level? I just don't know how far the Fox platform can go for road racing. . .

Ron has sure turned his Cobra into one hell of an all-arounder though. Maybe the best I've ever seen.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #17
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Ron has sure turned his Cobra into one hell of an all-arounder though. Maybe the best I've ever seen.
Yep, have to agree. He has taken home tuneing to the next level.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 10-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #18
Super Moderator

I would attribute the fishtailing more so to having crappy tires. First, upgrade those.

I would attribute the last 6 seconds of your fishtailing to your lack of desire to let off the throttle.

As far as suspension, lower, stiffer, bilsteins or konis. :judge Contrary to what you might think, a stiffer spring in the rear made my car far less prone to fishtailing. Prob has to do with keeping the tire in place and more tread in contact with the road.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #19
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Damn, that is some trick looking stuff! Are any of these Fox guys running up in your level? I just don't know how far the Fox platform can go for road racing. . .

I was running the Toyos with a race weight of 3470lbms. These guys are on full slicks with a race weight of 2500lbms. The front running SN97 for socal is a ~700hp turbocharged SN95 that is 2300lbms for TT, but runs 2500lbms for AIX with full areo. So yes they were well past my level.

89 stang, I had a 96 gt with sub frame welded (do not bolt) in place with Steeda upper and lower control arms, Eibach springs, KYB adjustable shocks, and Steeda chamber caster plates. THe upper and lower arms allowed me to ditch the quad shocks.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #20
Fast & Filthy

Quote:

They only make front suspension and only for the SN cars. He has a Fox body.