Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #11

Ron - It's the stock computer, It didn't have a tune before. When i got the car it was completely stock, original everything. I changed out the motor when i found out there was about 13 inches of cracks along the side of the block. But besides that, all the electronics are stock.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I've ranged from less than 7 in the city, to mid twenties on the freeway. Depends on the driving, the tune and the gear. It's hard to suck a lot of gas in 6th gear.
Dam, ya it does look like I'm just complianing ha. I have stock gears, stock tranny, but i drive the car hard as i just got the motor in last month and its already broken in. My car is untuned though, i slapped the motor in and messed with the throttle position sensor, advanced the timing and just kept it like that. Im planning on getting a tune after Ron and I put in my new camshaft. Don't know where to get a good one though.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

The Cobra gets about 14mpg. That's pretty much all city though with a slightly heavy foot.

During mixed driving I was getting closer to 17 or 18 and on just open highway I can get 23+.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
Ron - It's the stock computer, It didn't have a tune before. When i got the car it was completely stock, original everything. I changed out the motor when i found out there was about 13 inches of cracks along the side of the block. But besides that, all the electronics are stock.
Perfect, as long as you have the correct MAF for your injectors. Depending on the heads you have you may not even need a tune. If you do need a tune Steve at Powertrain Dynamics is the guy to go to. He tuned my car both times I've had it tuned. The first time it put down 433rwhp. Then I installed a UPR intake tube and it put down 471rwhp. That's with 70,000 miles on the engine.

Once we get the cam installed you should run it on a chassis dyno just to make sure that the AFR is good. GTR High Performace has a dyno and I think they charge around $75 for three pulls.

What are you running the base timing at now?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:21 AM   #15

So I'm guessing Steve knows what he's doing? Ha I dont remember the exact specs on the heads but i know they are cast iron, and that the ports are almost exactly similair to the AFR 185's but they are said to flow better, they're powerhouse heads i think. The timing is advanced right now 15 degrees, any lower it runs lean and shuts off, any higher it runs too rich and idles all retarded. Im cool with getting it dyno'd too I'm bringing extra cash with me in case we need anything else. Where is the GTR located?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
So I'm guessing Steve knows what he's doing? Ha I dont remember the exact specs on the heads but i know they are cast iron, and that the ports are almost exactly similair to the AFR 185's but they are said to flow better, they're powerhouse heads i think. The timing is advanced right now 15 degrees, any lower it runs lean and shuts off, any higher it runs too rich and idles all retarded. Im cool with getting it dyno'd too I'm bringing extra cash with me in case we need anything else. Where is the GTR located?
They're located out here in Rancho Cucamonga but you'll have to schedule an appointment with them. If you want to schedule one with them let me know and I'll see if I can get you a deal.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #17

Sweet i'll let you know. Thanks again Ron, See you this weekend.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #18

had a 94 5.0 and before the H/C/I it was doing 16/24ish?

after that? less. :P
Old 08-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #19
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
had a 94 5.0 and before the H/C/I it was doing 16/24ish?

after that? less. :P
What do you get in your stock pulley Cobra?