Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default RIP Steve Jobs

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs : February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Graphics B*tch

I read a few articles today about him and he is impressive. He took Apple from a ho-hum in the late 90's and helped turn it into a $322 billion company. RIP.

Without Apple, my life would not be as enjoyable and I would not be able to do my job as well.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 10-07-2011, 12:09 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
I read a few articles today about him and he is impressive. He took Apple from a ho-hum in the late 90's and helped turn it into a $322 billion company. RIP.

Without Apple, my life would not be as enjoyable and I would not be able to do my job as well.

He was critical to the original founding of Apple. Wozzniak was/is a genius tinkerer, but Jobs was a natural entrepreneur who saw and knew what people needed and wanted. I'm not an Apple fan boy really, (though they obviously make brilliant hardware and software), but Steve Jobs was one of the greatest entrepreneurs of all time. Period.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-07-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Graphics B*tch

It was not just Apple but Pixar as well. How, after he returned to Apple, he helped make the company he started into one of the richest through a down economy is amazing.

They make products in my mind that people should make. products that might be more expensive but are quality and not just cheap throw away shit. I know some people who go through PCs every 2 to 3 years. My old MAC was in service for 8 years and old required a few system re-installs. Only reason I retired the thing was because I wanted a faster computer, not because it stopped working.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 10-07-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
It was not just Apple but Pixar as well. How, after he returned to Apple, he helped make the company he started into one of the richest through a down economy is amazing.

They make products in my mind that people should make. products that might be more expensive but are quality and not just cheap throw away shit. I know some people who go through PCs every 2 to 3 years. My old MAC was in service for 8 years and old required a few system re-installs. Only reason I retired the thing was because I wanted a faster computer, not because it stopped working.
Yep, and when was booted from Apple the first time, he started Next, whose technology formed much of the launching point for the modern Apple era. So, Apple, Next, Pixar, Apple. Pretty impressive.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)