Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #121
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Q: What kind of cam does this engine have in it, I forgot?
It's a hydraulic roller.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #122

Quote:
Heads Purchased.

One thing, didn't include rockers like I thought, but still seems like a good, or at least fair deal over all.

Q: What kind of cam does this engine have in it, I forgot?

Q: Can/should we reuse the rockers from the stock heads? If so what was the stud size? OR, should I just bite the bullet and get a set of aluminum roller rockers for $159?

We saved quite a bit of money on the original car and will save some more because Ron will be building the cage, so I thought it made sense to use the savings and splurge a bit on the heads within reason. Now I'm somewhat back in el cheapo mode.

Those heads have aluminum roller rockers. They should work with the new heads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #123
I, Vettezuki

Default Stock Heads Value

I've got clearance from Joe to sell the stock heads. I was thinking leave them intact and sell them, then use that money to put towards new Aluminum roller rockers for the new heads. Anybody have any idea what stock 302 heads should go for?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #124

Quote:
I've got clearance from Joe to sell the stock heads. I was thinking leave them intact and sell them, then use that money to put towards new Aluminum roller rockers for the new heads. Anybody have any idea what stock 302 heads should go for?

I don't think you need to purchase new rocker arms. Have you looked at what's on those heads yet? I think you'll be pleased when you pop open a valve cover.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #125
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I don't think you need to purchase new rocker arms. Have you looked at what's on those heads yet? I think you'll be pleased when you pop open a valve cover.
That'd be even more better I guess. If you're coming to tomorrow night's meet, maybe you and Glenn can come over to my house (literally 2 minutes away) and take a look and give your ruling. Also, you can see the project car's current status.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #126

Quote:
That'd be even more better I guess. If you're coming to tomorrow night's meet, maybe you and Glenn can come over to my house (literally 2 minutes away) and take a look and give your ruling. Also, you can see the project car's current status.
Still not sure if I'll make it tomorrow night, but if I do, i'd love to swing by. Those heads have Crane Cams Energizer 1.6 roller rockers

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #127
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Still not sure if I'll make it tomorrow night, but if I do, i'd love to swing by. Those heads have Crane Cams Energizer 1.6 roller rockers
Oh, that ain't stock. Do you remember how big the studs were. The head guy needs to know when assembling the new heads.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #128

Quote:
Oh, that ain't stock. Do you remember how big the studs were. The head guy needs to know when assembling the new heads.
No, Ben, they're not stock. What am I gonna do with you? How many times do I have to give you this info?

http://motorgen.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=98

Old 01-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #129
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
No, Ben, they're not stock. What am I gonna do with you? How many times do I have to give you this info?

http://motorgen.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=98
Thanks Joe. That was the post I was looking for, but didn't look too hard. I'm all clear now.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #130
Fast & Filthy

I'll be there Sunday if you want me to take a look. We can also pull a head and see what style of valve relief the pistons have. If they have the four half moon style the biggest valve we can run is a 1.94 which is what my AFR 165s have. If they have two larger reliefs then we can run 2.02 which is what the AFR 185 comes with.