Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-26-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default LA AutoShow 2009+

What did you guys think? I really liked the new STI, I want one so bad.

I was excited to see the Camaro again too, still can't believe that some of you like the Mustang over the Camaro. That black one was siiick. And it was a good thing that it had that emblem that read "black" on the side, I almost forgot what color it was while looking at it.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #2
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
What did you guys think? I really liked the new STI, I want one so bad.

I was excited to see the Camaro again too, still can't believe that some of you like the Mustang over the Camaro. That black one was siiick. And it was a good thing that it had that emblem that read "black" on the side, I almost forgot what color it was while looking at it.
Well, FORD is going to pay me and Darlene $50 each to test drive a new Mustang.

I was not diappointed in the new Camaro. I'll test drive one of those too and then decide if Darlene gets a Mustang or Camaro.

Didn't you think Chevy cheaped out of their display????
But they did have the ZR1 there.

I did spend the most time at the FORD display.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

The show was awesome, the traffic to and from - not so much. Here are my thoughts in no specific order:

Cars that impressed me (in no particular order):
1) 370z - it was better looking than I expected and with the extra horsepower and lower weight should be entertaining.
2) Camaro - The Camaro is a nice looking car. GM's display did suck, but the Camaro overall looks to be a hell of a car.
3) Fusion - The new Fusion is really nice inside and out. If Ford every puts the TT 3.5L V6 in, I may have to try to pick one up.
4) SVT Raptor - For a truck you can buy with a warranty, it looks seriously capable.
5) Mustang - Even though I still like the looks of the V6 better (especially with the HID lights) the new Mustang is a definite improvement. The interior is a huge step up. The backend is the biggest weakness but I still didn't think it was that bad.
6) Hyundai Genesis - It's a seriously nice car. Lexus should be worried if people actually bother to cross shop it. The coupe isn't bad either...

Other thoughts:

-The entire Acura lineup is disgusting and overpriced. They need to go back to the drawing board immediately.
-The wing on the Works Mini Cooper is the greatest faux carbon fiber wing ever.
-Audi has the most beautiful overall lineup of cars of any manufacturer. I'd kill for a white S5.
-Subaru killed the STi by going to the hatchback design. I try to like it but just can't get there.
-The new BMW 7-series is really ugly. My grandpa says it looks like a bulldog. For the money I'd much rather have a S550.
-The Infiniti G37 hard-top convertible loses a lot of the beauty of the coupe.
-Aston Martin designers are almost as lazy as Porsches, but can afford to be because Aston's are some of the most beautiful cars on the planet.
-Ferrari's entire lineup at this point is stunning in terms of both design and performance.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
I, Vettezuki

1) You're wrong about the STi, hatchbacks are cool. But that's ok.

2) Audi just announced they will increase marketing in the US by 15%. I agree, they make fantastic and beautiful cars. If I were a baller I'd much rather have an A8 than equivalent Merc.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
The show was awesome, the traffic to and from - not so much. Here are my thoughts in no specific order:

Cars that impressed me (in no particular order):
1) 370z - it was better looking than I expected and with the extra horsepower and lower weight should be entertaining.
2) Camaro - The Camaro is a nice looking car. GM's display did suck, but the Camaro overall looks to be a hell of a car.
3) Fusion - The new Fusion is really nice inside and out. If Ford every puts the TT 3.5L V6 in, I may have to try to pick one up.
4) SVT Raptor - For a truck you can buy with a warranty, it looks seriously capable.
5) Mustang - Even though I still like the looks of the V6 better (especially with the HID lights) the new Mustang is a definite improvement. The interior is a huge step up. The backend is the biggest weakness but I still didn't think it was that bad.
6) Hyundai Genesis - It's a seriously nice car. Lexus should be worried if people actually bother to cross shop it. The coupe isn't bad either...

Other thoughts:

-The entire Acura lineup is disgusting and overpriced. They need to go back to the drawing board immediately.
-The wing on the Works Mini Cooper is the greatest faux carbon fiber wing ever.
-Audi has the most beautiful overall lineup of cars of any manufacturer. I'd kill for a white S5.
-Subaru killed the STi by going to the hatchback design. I try to like it but just can't get there.
-The new BMW 7-series is really ugly. My grandpa says it looks like a bulldog. For the money I'd much rather have a S550.
-The Infiniti G37 hard-top convertible loses a lot of the beauty of the coupe.
-Aston Martin designers are almost as lazy as Porsches, but can afford to be because Aston's are some of the most beautiful cars on the planet.
-Ferrari's entire lineup at this point is stunning in terms of both design and performance.

Yea, that is pretty much my thoughts.

Porsche, was a dissappointment. Not that I'm a big fan, it's just..............well everything looked ..............Porsche.

Now, the Saturn Sky I liked and so did Darlene. Of course she liked the Lexus 450 Vert.

Unfortunately the Mustang seemed cramped when I sat in it.

The one that was really cramped was the Vette. I have so much more room in my C2.

One vehicle that struck me good was the Ford Fiesta from Europe.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 11-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
1) You're wrong about the STi, hatchbacks are cool. But that's ok.

2) Audi just announced they will increase marketing in the US by 15%. I agree, they make fantastic and beautiful cars. If I were a baller I'd much rather have an A8 than equivalent Merc.
Hatchbacks are cool, but at least give me an option to get an STi with a normal trunk. You can do it with the normal WRX, so why not with the STI?
Old 11-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
1)
I have worked on the old Audies in the 80s. I was not a fan.

The r8---I'm a fan.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 11-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Oh, and the Chevrolet Volt was also cool. I'm not sure what the market is going to be like if gas stays low, but the car itself seems pretty legit.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #9
Super Moderator

And the hardtop Solstice... sooo sweet. If the 260hp was impressive enough or if it were relatively easy to get that motor to produce some power, I'd be all about it. More so than I'm about the STI.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #10
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
And the hardtop Solstice... sooo sweet. If the 260hp was impressive enough or if it were relatively easy to get that motor to produce some power, I'd be all about it. More so than I'm about the STI.

Word is they're actually going to come with 300hp.