Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #2601

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
You're a sick fuck!

No, I didn't spar with him. I'd rather not have my brains rattled, thank you. Plus, he was preparing for a fight and I'm sure didn't want to spar with someone of my limited experience.

I'll leave all that "shit kicking" to you younger guys. I'm too old for that. I went 3 rounds with my trainer the other night and that just about killed me.
Here's a pic of what he did to Joey Beltran on Friday. Exactly why I wouldn't spar with him. He's a beast and has knocked out his sparring partners even though he doesn't mean to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 11-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #2602

Looks normal

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:59 AM   #2603
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You included Jackie Chan but omitted Bruce Lee.

And you don't spar with a pro boxer like that. They're not martial artists. They are martial artists plus a freight train. You don't play with someone like that, you get clipped and get brain damage.
Bruce Lee is dead, the others listed are not.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 11-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #2604
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Here's a pic of what he did to Joey Beltran on Friday. Exactly why I wouldn't spar with him. He's a beast and has knocked out his sparring partners even though he doesn't mean to.

Does not influence my desire to spar, I have been knocked out, many a times, expecting it not to happen is stupid.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 11-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #2605
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Does not influence my desire to spar, I have been knocked out, many a times, expecting it not to happen is stupid.
As long as I don't have to pay for your Depends when your brain gets scrambled beyond repair, knock yourself out. (See what I did there?)

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #2606

Quote:
I guess this is where we are different. You sound as if getting knocked out is something to be desired, a badge of honor. I think staying healthy is more important than feeding my ego. You say expecting to not get knocked out is stupid. I think doing something when you know it's highly likely you'll get knocked out, just for "fun", is stupid. Would I fight him if he were threatening me or my loved ones? Absolutely. Without hesitation. But for "fun". Not a chance.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 11-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #2607
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
I guess this is where we are different. You sound as if getting knocked out is something to be desired, a badge of honor. I think staying healthy is more important than feeding my ego. You say expecting to not get knocked out is stupid. I think doing something when you know it's highly likely you'll get knocked out, just for "fun", is stupid. Would I fight him if he were threatening me or my loved ones? Absolutely. Without hesitation. But for "fun". Not a chance.
No, i'm saying that every time I put on gloves and fight, I expect the worst, I could get knocked out, I could die, break something etc. Remember this is also my job, so I have a different feeling going in. Do I want to get hurt? No, is it the end of the world if I do? No.

Stopping the world!
Old 11-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #2608

I'll hurt anyone IRL

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #2609

Quote:
No, i'm saying that every time I put on gloves and fight, I expect the worst, I could get knocked out, I could die, break something etc. Remember this is also my job, so I have a different feeling going in. Do I want to get hurt? No, is it the end of the world if I do? No.

OK. So, if I'm understanding you ( which is entirely possible that I'm not, because I'm not the brightest guy), you're telling me that you expect to get knocked out or possibly die when you spar and you do that for fun? Yeah, OK. But not me.

And I never said that getting hurt is the end of the world. Just that I try to avoid getting hurt if possible. And I sure don't go looking to get hurt for fun.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:23 AM   #2610