Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Mm, Max's? I like the parking and atmosphere at La Tolteca's, and the cheap tortillas to take home are great, but the food has become somewhat average in my opinion. The first time I went there, it was pretty decent, it seems, especially the beans and rice (kind of an important part of Mexican) has become lesser quality than it was. JMO.
Max's was great (especially the home made tortillas and salsa), but the restaurant is a wee bit small for a big 60-70 person group. It would work just fine for the group we had today, and there's a big public parking lot right across the street that was completely empty.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:43 PM   #82
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Mm, Max's? I like the parking and atmosphere at La Tolteca's, and the cheap tortillas to take home are great, but the food has become somewhat average in my opinion. The first time I went there, it was pretty decent, it seems, especially the beans and rice (kind of an important part of Mexican) has become lesser quality than it was. JMO.
La tolteca and carmens suck monkey dick. Marias is far better but as i stated before, now closed on sundays. P&G has great burgers, i'd go more if the drive wasnt so long
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 AM   #83
I, Vettezuki

Here's where the pics and vids are.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29993

Here's the fly by video. You can see our friend in the Blue Miata, kinda out front.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
I believe the main group went to a burger joint. The miata group decided to do GMR again and ate at Max's in Azusa which was some of the best Mexican I've had in a long time. In fact, it's right down the street from La Tolteca.

I gotta save you from this illusion you have of Mexican food...

You step up to the window, order your food, pay the nice lady and wait until you hear your number. While you wait you trot on over to the salsa bar and grab some onion and cilantro, some salsa verde, some lemon and then find a spot on a bench to wait for your dinner to come out of the other window.

If there are tires and wheels under either of those windows, even better.

That is authentic Mexican food.

We'll do Boca del Rio on Vincent next time.

Max's wasn't bad but the only reason I would call it authentic Mexican is because an authentic Mexican made it, other than that it's just your standard sit down Mexican restaurant fare. Same enchilada plate and bean and cheese burritos they been serving since the seventies and quite frankly they are just a little to clean.

Actually I might have been a little less rough on the place, right up until the wait staff came out and sang Happy Birthday to that poor guy, that kills any atmosphere. Except maybe Shakey's or Farrell's.
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 07-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
Actually I might have been a little less rough on the place, right up until the wait staff came out and sang Happy Birthday to that poor guy, that kills any atmosphere. Except maybe Shakey's or Farrell's.
Would it have been better if they broke out into "Estas son las mananitas, que cantaba el Rey David. Hoy por ser dia de tu santo, te las cantamos a ti"?

I'm not saying it was authentic by any means, just tasted a lot better than the standard La Tolteca/El Cholo/etc.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #86

Hell yes!

At least I would have known they cared.

Where's a good place for tortas?
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".