Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-15-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default I Might Need a Motorcyclist to Bring a Bike Home

I'm pretty much gonna buy this bike. Only one problem, I don't actually know how to ride a motorcycle yet. Though I'll have a permit, riding basically for the first time on a Bandit 1200s may not be such a great idea. I might get the owner to drop it off at my house and I'll take him home, but if not, I'll need someone who can pilot it back to my house. The bike is in Tustin and I live in Fullerton. The timeline would be in a week or so. Who might be able to help a brother out?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #2

call me when you need it home.. i'm in Kansas City right now in till Friday but i'm free after that..

703-898-8422

mike
Old 09-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

PS - Your insurance policy doesn't cover 2 wheels or 6 wheels...you're going to have to open a seperate policy just for the bike. Sorry to break the news to you...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
PS - Your insurance policy doesn't cover 2 wheels or 6 wheels...you're going to have to open a seperate policy just for the bike. Sorry to break the news to you...
You mean I can't just add it to my existing policy? IRConfuzid.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordy racer View Post
call me when you need it home.. i'm in Kansas City right now in till Friday but i'm free after that..

703-898-8422

mike

Thanks for the offer brother. It seems the owner will drop it off at my house after work on October 3. Now all I gotta do is learn how to ride a motorcycle.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You mean I can't just add it to my existing policy? IRConfuzid.
With your carrier (which shall remain nameless) yes, they do not cover 2 wheeled vehicles and 6 wheeled vehicles (such as uhaul...bet you didn't know that). So yes, you will need to open a seperate policy for the bike if you want coverage. A friend here on the board "theyellowdart" says this:

Mcgraw insurance… never heard of them but Oliver said they are decent in the Motorcycle insurance world. I just know they were crazy cheap.

I paid around $100 for a year of liability insurance with, 50 / 150 bi & 50 pd.

He also says that he got it through AIS, and didn't know if you could contact Mcgraw directly.

Let me know if you need anymore help.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #7
A Motorgen O.G.

I've heard good things about Geico too
Old 09-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCulture View Post
I've heard good things about Geico too
stay FAR away from them...

i have state farm.. i pay 500 a year for full coverage with a $250 duc..
Old 09-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #9

Quote:

Lol, you guys are funny. If you only knew all that I know about all the insurance companies out there. First of all we're all crooks as Sean puts it....always twisting something. Buy hey I get payed to uphold the policy, and Second....you deal with a lot of S!@# when you work for an insurance company. Awww....the joys of being me. NOT!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:

Is there some reason to go with full instead of min-liabilty with a Bike? I paid $1,800 for it, any damage I'll pay for out of pocket. I won't be commuting on it; it's pure toy territory.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)