Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Reliable car <=$2,000

I have a cousin looking for her first car. She has up to $2,000 to work with. Must be reliable.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #2

Buy my Altima for $800 and drop $500 into it, it'll do another 195,000 miles without issue and you're $700 ahead.

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 09-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
Buy my Altima for $800 and drop $500 into it, it'll do another 195,000 miles without issue and you're $700 ahead.

What's the $500 of work it needs?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-25-2011, 04:08 AM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm gonna guess an engine
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
What's the $500 of work it needs?

We're barely friends, I'd like to get to know you better before I start taking advantage...

Besides, no girl wants a 93 Altima with bad paint as a first car, I will however keep my eyes open.
Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 09-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

No one wants a shitty first car but i think its a right of passage
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:30 PM   #7

Oh and by the way, it needs timing chain tensioner, water pump and throw out bearing. Yes it is a 5 speed. It runs but I wouldn't count on it going much farther, been parked for about four months, registered until 2/12

I need a top, power steering pump, a drivers seat and tires for my other Miata (205/50-15's) if anyone likes to barter.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #8

Cash for clunkers kinda killed the cheap car market. We used to have customers that sold us cheap cars that needed a little work, but not in the last few years. I have had lots of cars under 1000 bucks over the years that lasted a long time. The Camaro was the first car I got that was over 500 bucks.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #9

I like isuzu's they are cheap to buy and cheap to fix and built like a truck. no it doesnt get 40 mpg but it will be a great first car. They come in 4x4 and 2wd, large suv and small. auto and stick.

This thing has AC, and power everything. I know my first car didnt have ac or power nothing.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/2584166960.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2615790206.html

These are the first ones i found and they do get cheaper if you wait and look a little. The sweet spot is about 1200 - 1500
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 09-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #10

Rodeo's are okay, Troopers will roll over faster than a Catholic school girl on prom night...