Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-31-2011, 02:32 PM   #21
pain's fun, hit me again

Yes, I'm never going to build another car with no a/c. I'll be pulling the dash and replacing the heater core and dash harness and inspecting all the hvac stuff while I'm prepping for paint.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #22
Fast & Filthy

Nice. I know that's one thing my wife doesn't like to be without. Besides, you can always run a short belt at events to bypass the compressor if you want just a little more out of the engine.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #23
pain's fun, hit me again

Nah, when I run I always go asis, save for slicks. Everytime I've dragged dedicated service its been without changes to the suspension or even tire pressure. Road course days are different however, would be nice to do a whole road course day with the a/c on
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:12 AM   #24

Nice find. I would love to do a fox body... trouble is, its a ford and I can't own a blue oval... Is she going to be daily driving that thing?

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

The plan for the build is to be able to DD it if she wants to, at the very least something that is comfortable compared to the 87, I'm working a deal on a set of afr 165's for 400, hopefully it works out, nab those heads and a cheap s-trim and I'll keep it around 450rwhp

And as far as blue oval, my 87 has no ovals

Think of it like this, 2850 with driver, n/a 450rwhp 52/48 50/50 weight distribution and by all account is me built, no ford crap left over

Stopping the world!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #26

Yea, I have seen other pictures of that beast you have there. I may have to get one and do a heart transplant to a 351 or something. I love how they look, and the IROC Camaros to me are blah, nothing to be stoked about. But I have always been more about the motor than the looks of a car. My neighbor had a FOX built like yours a while back he wanted to sell for $3,000. He was having some fueling issue that would be easy to trace... I should have bought it from him. It was hooked up with everything he just got tired of it... Even had narrows in front and BIG ass tires in the back.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #27
pain's fun, hit me again

Oh mine couldn't be further from a drag setup, 275's all around blah blah blah, I'll admit the stock motor is a joke, go with an ls3 and don't look back.

Stopping the world!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #28

LS3? Naw I would stay with ford stuff. Maybe a 5.4 for a GT500 or something. I'm not much for swapping different maker's motors into other cars... I think it almost ruins some of the character or something I dunno just a weird personal preference.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #29

With the interview that the CEO from GM had... I might be getting a fox body alot sooner than I thought. Or a new 5.0

Old 06-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #30
pain's fun, hit me again

I'm going to hold off on a new 5.0 for a while, I want a c5 something fierce

Stopping the world!