Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #41
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Excellent. I like my feet.
Well, you do show them off to everyone.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 06-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #42
I, Vettezuki

Picked up a clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, MC and throwout bearing from McLeod today. It's the good stuff. Once this thing is together it should work really well for a damn long time without a bunch of hassle.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Picked up a clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, MC and throwout bearing from McLeod today. It's the good stuff. Once this thing is together it should work really well for a damn long time without a bunch of hassle.

Tell me you got the slave cylinder, too.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #44
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post

Tell me you got the slave cylinder, too.
No. It's the same setup as my Vette. There's no fork actuated by a slave cylinder but the MC connected directly to the Hydraulic throw out bearing. In a sense, the throw out bearing is the slave if that's what you mean. I'll post pics tonight. Once installed I'll have to get a hydraulic line made.

The only minor thing I'm slightly concerned about is that when I first spec'd these parts out I think I told them the motor was an old 302, not an 80s era one, which apparently it is according to Ron. It's definitely for Ford top loader, but is the flywheel bolt pattern the same. Any reason for concern?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #45

Quote:
No. It's the same setup as my Vette. There's no fork actuated by a slave cylinder but the MC connected directly to the Hydraulic throw out bearing. In a sense, the throw out bearing is the slave if that's what you mean. I'll post pics tonight. Once installed I'll have to get a hydraulic line made.

The only minor thing I'm slightly concerned about is that when I first spec'd these parts out I think I told them the motor was an old 302, not an 80s era one, which apparently it is according to Ron. It's definitely for Ford top loader, but is the flywheel bolt pattern the same. Any reason for concern?
I'm pretty sure they have the same bolt pattern, just different weight imbalances.

My 07 Mustang has a throw-out bearing that is integrated into the slave cylinder. It slips over the input shaft and bolts to the transmission.

I'm not picturing what you're talking about. Maybe when I see pics.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #46
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they have the same bolt pattern, just different weight imbalances.
As long as it fits and works so I don't have to go back and explain that I'm stupid.

Quote:
My 07 Mustang has a throw-out bearing that is integrated into the slave cylinder. It slips over the input shaft and bolts to the transmission.
That's what we're talking about. MC connects to that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #47

Quote:
As long as it fits and works so I don't have to go back and explain that I'm stupid.

That's what we're talking about. MC connects to that.
Does the tranny have bolt holes where they're needed to bolt the slave?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #48
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Does the tranny have bolt holes where they're needed to bolt the slave?
Guess we're gonna find out. That unit is specifically for a Ford Top Loader (supposedly).

Now that I think about it, what about the heads. Any difference between the old 60s 289/302 and 80s era 5.0 for head bolt pattern? I think you answered this and the answer was no, just don't recall. I was under the impression this was an old block til Ron and I tore it down.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #49

Quote:
Guess we're gonna find out. That unit is specifically for a Ford Top Loader (supposedly).

Now that I think about it, what about the heads. Any difference between the old 60s 289/302 and 80s era 5.0 for head bolt pattern? I think you answered this and the answer was no, just don't recall. I was under the impression this was an old block til Ron and I tore it down.
No difference for head bolt pattern, either.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #50

Quote:
I was under the impression this was an old block til Ron and I tore it down.
What gave you that impression? Not that it makes any difference.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showpost.p...1&postcount=55