Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-03-2009, 03:02 AM   #31
Super Moderator

What time will you be going? If you see any panels that don't line up perfectly, or a bigger gap, or one headlight tucked further in relation to the body... stick your head under there and look and look at the straightness of the bumpers/ mounts.

What time were you planning on taking off? Give me a call...
Old 01-03-2009, 03:27 AM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
What time will you be going? If you see any panels that don't line up perfectly, or a bigger gap, or one headlight tucked further in relation to the body... stick your head under there and look and look at the straightness of the bumpers/ mounts.

What time were you planning on taking off? Give me a call...
I'll give him a buzz when I wake up . . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-03-2009, 06:17 AM   #33
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I'm down to go if we leave semi-early. I have a date tomorrow afternoon. I wouldn't risk letting someone that you don't know drive a car that will likely be an 11 second car. The people who will be working on this car will necessarily know what they're doing and therefore will likely have experience driving a fast car. I don't want to see hours and hours of my work slide into a wall.
I have to agree here. Just pay him $300 and be done with it.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
hey eveyone I've been out of town all week, I wanna see pics of this beast. I def. wanna get in on helping with this beast! Seems like an awesome idea, can't wait to see pics!

Brian
Pics and even a walk around video to come shortly. Happy to have your help.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-03-2009, 10:02 PM   #35
I, Vettezuki

So enkeivette and I went out to see the owner in LA. He's asking $300 obo. It's heavily stripped already, clear coat is pealing away, and plenty of little dings, but for our purposes in pretty good shape we think. enkeivette noticed that the car had probably been jacked up improperly under the unibody and has some undesirable dents, but again, we thought between the cage and subframe connectors we'll be putting on, not an issue. The owner has the title and it all looked in order, but was unable to produce the current registration. This makes me a little nervous, but we figure what the heck, let's offer $200. He wanted to get rid of it and at $200 we can't go wrong.

Eric, if you read this, know this car is going to get very good attention from a lot of talented guys, and while I talked you down from your asking price, every penny saved will go into making this something special. Peace.

When I got it home tonight I spent a couple hours continuing to clean and strip. It didn't even have a key, so I had to crack the key. I can now steal an RX-7 in probably less than 30 seconds. Thankfully I use my power for good.

It's really starting to grow on me, thinking of all the good times ahead. We had an idea of what Motorgen would be about, and to see it expressed in some tangible ways like this is a great feeling.

Some pics; unfiltered as the car came home this afternoon. Let's see just how bad ass we can make this thing.

BTW, I've creaed a special user account for our project cars. Here's RX-Snake

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #36
I, Vettezuki

A little OT:

Yeah, that's my wife's MX-5 and my DD Protege 5 in the background of the first pic. I'm a fan of Mazda's spirit. The MX-5 is a truly fantastic and true sports car, affordable by almost anyone. I've put tons of time money and effort into my Vette, and it's great. Certainly it would would bitch slap the MX-5 in every objective performance category. But there is something to handling feel which is harder to define. In this sense the MX-5 is the best car I've personally driven. I remember overcooking a freeway exit to the tune of 70mph once (don't do that). Honestly, I thought I was in for a bad night; but decided to turn the wheel hard and stick it, that little car just gripped and turned in a remarkable way.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #37
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The owner has the title and it all looked in order, but was unable to produce the current registration.
All you need is the title. Registration is unnecessary. Car looks good. I see zero issues. I might come by soon and clip the wiring the way I want it.
Get a box of ziplock sandwich bags, tape and pens. You never know what you might want later. (You'll also never remember WTF it is, either)
Old 01-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #38
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
All you need is the title. Registration is unnecessary. Car looks good. I see zero issues. I might come by soon and clip the wiring the way I want it.
Get a box of ziplock sandwich bags, tape and pens. You never know what you might want later. (You'll also never remember WTF it is, either)
Wow! You and I are a similar kind of pervert. I already have zip lock bags, masking tape and sharpies. Who wants to go looking for things. In a different life I might have made a decent F1 mechanic, assembling engines in a clean room.

I'm glad you posted this, I left the chassis harness in place because I wasn't quite sure how much we'd want to use.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #39
Power's off.

Quote:
Wow! You and I are a similar kind of pervert. I already have zip lock bags, masking tape and sharpies. Who wants to go looking for things. In a different life I might have made a decent F1 mechanic, assembling engines in a clean room.

I'm glad you posted this, I left the chassis harness in place because I wasn't quite sure how much we'd want to use.
Basically, if we are building what I THINK we are building, just the connectors with a 6" tail. I may just tag it and pull it all. The rear harness might be reused. The engine compartment will be all new. Since the car will weigh almost the same when done, I'd leave the stock brakes for now. I vote trash the whole dash, and I'll fab an aluminum one. As a matter of fact, I would remove and tag it all. Interior to shell, hood, doors, underhood, then put it up on blocks nice and high. I'll see if I can get away tomarrow. I'm still getting more chores on this hillbilly shack.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #40
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
So enkeivette and I went out to see the owner in LA. He's asking $300 obo. It's heavily stripped already, clear coat is pealing away, and plenty of little dings, but for our purposes in pretty good shape we think. enkeivette noticed that the car had probably been jacked up improperly under the unibody and has some undesirable dents, but again, we thought between the cage and subframe connectors we'll be putting on, not an issue. The owner has the title and it all looked in order, but was unable to produce the current registration. This makes me a little nervous, but we figure what the heck, let's offer $200. He wanted to get rid of it and at $200 we can't go wrong.

Eric, if you read this, know this car is going to get very good attention from a lot of talented guys, and while I talked you down from your asking price, every penny saved will go into making this something special. Peace.

When I got it home tonight I spent a couple hours continuing to clean and strip. It didn't even have a key, so I had to crack the key. I cank know steal an RX-7 in probably less than 30 seconds. Thankfully I use my power for good.

It's really starting to grow on me, thinking of all the good times ahead. We had an idea of what Motorgen would be about, and to see it expressed in some tangible ways like this is a great feeling.

Some pics; unfiltered as we the car came home this afternoon. Let's see just how bad ass we can make this thing.

BTW, I've creaed a special user account for our project cars. Here's RX-Snake

This looks awesome. Do we start next weekend?