Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default I Believe it was Cher Who Once Said

"I've been rich, I've been poor. . . rich is better."

I was doing my ocean swim training yesterday at Corona Del Mar. Leaving the beach within 5 minutes I saw (all new) Aston Martin DB9, Turbo Porsche, Audi R8 (!), and Dodge Challenger. Apparently nobody has told these folks the economy is no good.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-28-2008, 12:14 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to two drink minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
"I've been rich, I've been poor. . . rich is better."

I was doing my ocean swim training yesterday at Corona Del Mar. Leaving the beach within 5 minutes I saw (all new) Aston Martin DB9, Turbo Porsche, Audi R8 (!), and Dodge Challenger. Apparently nobody has told these folks the economy is no good.
Must be nice.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by two drink minimum View Post
Must be nice.
What? Being rich and driving fancy cars? I'm sure it is. Swimming in the ocean was nice too and considerably more affordable for a peon like me.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-28-2008, 12:42 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to two drink minimum

Quote:
What? Being rich and driving fancy cars? I'm sure it is. Swimming in the ocean was nice too and considerably more affordable for a peon like me.
Well said.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:16 AM   #5
Super Moderator

But isn't it funny that your car can easily run along side of those? If not in front of some.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
But isn't it funny that your car can easily run along side of those? If not in front of some.

Power and speed isn't that hard. Refinement is a different ball bame. There are whole worlds between my Vette and, for example, a DB9. But true enough, if I was out and about, give them the thumbs up and they show a lack of respect for a fellow enthusiast, I might have to embarrass them in front of their trophy wife.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Power and speed isn't that hard. Refinement is a different ball bame. There are whole worlds between my Vette and, for example, a DB9. But true enough, if I was out and about, give them the thumbs up and they show a lack of respect for a fellow enthusiast, I might have to embarrass them in front of their trophy wife.
Yeah but you're already married. What do you care about the only difference between your car and an Aston Martin?
Old 07-28-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Yeah but you're already married. What do you care about the only difference between your car and an Aston Martin?

I love my Vette to death. I get a lot of pleasure out of it knowing that I participated in making it what it is, making it something unique, and doing it for vaguely reasonable amounts of money (could do it for a lot less knowing what I know now.) However, it's not even sort of in the same league for refinement and road manners as those cars. Ever seen an AM up close and personal, look at the interior? It's pure first class craftsmanship all throughout. This is what I admire about these exclusive brands. Their attention to detail and excellence is at the highest level. And that, you can't duplicate so easily. Someday, maybe, I'll be in that league. But even so, I'll still have my Vette.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
I love my Vette to death. I get a lot of pleasure out of it knowing that I participated in making it what it is, making it something unique, and doing it for vaguely reasonable amounts of money (could do it for a lot less knowing what I know now.) However, it's not even sort of in the same league for refinement and road manners as those cars. Ever seen an AM up close and personal, look at the interior? It's pure first class craftsmanship all throughout. This is what I admire about these exclusive brands. Their attention to detail and excellence is at the highest level. And that, you can't duplicate so easily. Someday, maybe, I'll be in that league. But even so, I'll still have my Vette.
I am proud of you Ben. The force has grown stronger within you since I first met you. Isn't it more fun to shift a trans that you installed yourself?

I know what you mean about the refinement. I'd love to have nice Mercedes leather and a quiet cabin. But I'd rather have a loud aggressive monster that makes a stereo and cupholders pointless. Two different worlds of cars really.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I am proud of you Ben. The force has grown stronger within you since I first met you. Isn't it more fun to shift a trans that you installed yourself?

I know what you mean about the refinement. I'd love to have nice Mercedes leather and a quiet cabin. But I'd rather have a loud aggressive monster that makes a stereo and cupholders pointless. Two different worlds of cars really.

And if you're loaded you can have both.

I love working on the Vette, but I never really had that much time to begin with and that's pretty much over now. So I'm glad it's in the state it is. I'm afraid it'll pretty much be paying people here on out.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)