Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Boost Junkie

Default V12 mustang

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f41/...ustang-521930/

lookit those freakin tires in the back... nice build i

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Eh. There's enough potential to overpower that chassis by just modifying a Ford V8, don't see the point to this. I like upgraded powerplants, but not if the car doesn't need it. This is just for show. No one sat down and said "ok, I only have 60K to spend, what's the best way to make my pony fast?"
Old 07-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Eh. There's enough potential to overpower that chassis by just modifying a Ford V8, don't see the point to this. I like upgraded powerplants, but not if the car doesn't need it. This is just for show. No one sat down and said "ok, I only have 60K to spend, what's the best way to make my pony fast?"
It's a poor man's Aston Martin, or tribute. Why get caught up with just rational thinking about mechanical details? That's not a very interesting way to go through life. The guy had an idea and went and realized it. Good for him.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I'm all for a refined engine, but behind a cheap plastic Ford dash? And with fat heavy pig like Mustang handling? Don't see the appeal.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
I'm all for a refined engine, but behind a cheap plastic Ford dash? And with fat heavy pig like Mustang handling? Don't see the appeal.
Mustangs rule, and that car is cool
Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

I'm also curious how the heck they sourced a Vanquish motor?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Mustangs rule, and that car is cool
Mustangs are cool, so are Camaros. But they're both cheap heavy pigs compared to high end Euro sports cars.

Drive an M3 or an RX7 then get back in your Cobra, you'll feel like a big fat American gas waster.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Mustangs are cool, so are Camaros. But they're both cheap heavy pigs compared to high end Euro sports cars.

Drive an M3 or an RX7 then get back in your Cobra, you'll feel like a big fat American gas waster.
Sean's point: Mustangs are cool!

My Point: I admire anybody who comes up with something they want to do and then does it . . . especially if a bit quirky.

Your Point: What's the point?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
Super Moderator

I imagine that an Aston Martin engine would hold more value than that Mustang. If he's not building a smoothly refined handling machine (which would be hard to do with a 4500lb car) I don't see the point to spending that much money on a smoothly refined powerplant. He could make as much power with a pulley and a tune like Sean did. No it won't sing like a V12, but in a Mustang, who cares?

My point: Don't see the justification for the cost.

If he had a spare one laying around in his garage, that he was unable to e-bay for religious reasons, then yeah... maybe.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
Boost Junkie

hell why's it even matter, it's a cool idea and he had the money for it! I think it's awesome.

if i wanted to spend 30k doing some kind of ridiculous swap just for kicks and can afford it why not?

maybe there is no justification for you... this bloke thought it'd be a good idea and obviously makes enough money to do it.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!