Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #251
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
This is a budget project isn't it? We're going with a carb, the stock tank and a mechanical pump will be fine. I'd consider bending some 3/8 hardline for it, but that's about all that she'll need.
Budget, yes. Ghetto, no. At the moment I see stock tank and electric pump, but we'll see.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm growing slightly concerned about finding the necessary parts for the 174. We'll need to have a backup.

Yeah, I'll do some more research this week and see if I can buy the parts somewhere. But if I can't and we don't have any luck at the Long Beach swapmeet, I'd say you're gonna have to go another route.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #253
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Just distract Adam while I pull that blower off his Vette.
If the 174 doesn't work out, and unless something else free doesn't pop up , I'd be curious to go Turbo. Sure, there's that turbo manifold thing to deal with, but we might be able to get away with our stock rear end in that case since it won't hit as hard as the roots.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I picked up an oil pan from an 87 Mustang today for $5 at the swap meet, if you wanna use that.
So, you wanna use this?

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:08 PM   #255
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
So, you wanna use this?
Rear, Front, Double Sump?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #256
I, Vettezuki

See poll on direction if the 174 doesn't work out. We still have some flexibility here. The only commitments we've really made are SBF and an NHRA style cage good to 10.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2009, 12:00 AM   #257
Super Moderator

I don't like the options, I vote Turbo and IRS. And you forgot yet another option, nitrous.

Bird, hands off my blower! My 3K lb Vette needs it more than our light lil rice rocket.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:31 AM   #258
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I don't like the options, I vote Turbo and IRS. And you forgot yet another option, nitrous.

Bird, hands off my blower! My 3K lb Vette needs it more than our light lil rice rocket.
How do you like the new poll option pumpkin-sauce?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-19-2009, 01:44 AM   #259
Super Moderator

I'm all about it, squash-puree. I changed FI to forced induc. I read it three times thinking, why is FI (fuel injection) an opposing option to a turbo...

I'm talking to some guy on an RX7 forum right now who has some 3" flares, he's sending me pics. I'll be sure to post.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:01 AM   #260
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I'm all about it, squash-puree. I changed FI to forced induc. I read it three times thinking, why is FI (fuel injection) an opposing option to a turbo...

I'm talking to some guy on an RX7 forum right now who has some 3" flares, he's sending me pics. I'll be sure to post.
You transformed pumkin-sauce into squash puree but didn't figure FI was forced induction . . .

Let's see what happens with the 174 and what opportunities pop up. I'm going to ask around about spare bits for a 174 with some other sources. The turbo sure would be fun, but it'd be considerably more complex overall to make work right. Not that I'm afraid of that by any means.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)