Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #11
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Where does it need to get transported to/from... I visit north San Diego county fairly regularly. I might be able to help you out.
He's about 15 minutes from downtown.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Probably give Ron first dibs cuz he's OG...
Wait a minute, i'm not OG status? The fact that i'm not banned yet pretty much proves the opposite
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #13

How old is "old" my friend. I have to admit I've gotten grumpier and way less patient in the last couple years and I'm going to be 34 pretty soon. A turn key car does sound nice, doesn't it? Only thing is... you're just like everyone else, which is fine. As long as you enjoy driving the car that's all that matters.

EDIT: one thing I have to say... one of my buddies has a zr1 vette and we went to lunch a while back and on the way back, a gorgeous yellow c6 z06 rolls up right next to us, on the pass side. so I rolled down the window and gestured to the guy waving, thumbs up, etc. and he didn't even bother to look over.... wtf. I mean... if you were in your c3 and another one rolled up next to you, wouldn't you be excited? I know when I see other guys with rx7s around I'm totally stoked, always make it a point to wave or whatever...

But wow, a GTR has got to be quite expensive to acquire. And god forbid if anything breaks. What is the deal with the launch control/transmission crap I heard so much about a while back?

I think C3s are sweet, personally

2001 DC4 Acura Integra

Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #14
Fast & Filthy

You're only as old as you think you are. I'm 41 and have no problem working on a car all weekend while my kids play outside. I pulled two engines this weekend.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Guy, You're second wave OG.

mdpalmer, some newer Vette guys don't know the culture. I'd say I get around maybe 50/50 on "the wave." The trans problem with the GT-R was jsut the first year, but yes cost of ownership would be relatively high, but not as high as say a Turbo Porsche.

Ron, it's really more about available resources, namely time, and all other goals and priorities than anything. I'd love tinker and finesses the Vette regularly, but that's just not in the cards, and so it's annoying when I have complex problems that there's really no one to go to. "The turn key" car does solve that aspect.

But anyway, the money future (out a few years) is looking fairly decent barring fiscal meltdown, then I'll at least have money in the play money bucket which I haven't had in years. At that time I can consider whether i want to continue with the next "big" steps with the C3 or not. One thing I might do sooner than later is add the Guldstrand 5-link at Dick's shop. It would make it even more unique (like probably the only one in the world literally) and to have it done at Dick's place adds a little more "uniqueness." But even just that is pushing $4g now. These are all sunk costs, at least in this economic environment.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #16
pain's fun, hit me again

That's it, i'm talking a wiz on the vette at mullholland

Anyways, the night before the dyno for the blue car where everything took a shit I about snapped. Had flash sights in my mind of selling everything. Then there are the days with the cobra. Everything is fixed, it's fired up and you go for that first burnout. Then all the past turbulence of the build fades away.

Stopping the world!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Anyways, the night before the dyno for the blue car where everything took a shit I about snapped. Had flash sights in my mind of selling everything. Then there are the days with the cobra. Everything is fixed, it's fired up and you go for that first burnout. Then all the past turbulence of the build fades away.
That's how it works for me. I finished the truck and got the exhaust done and then drove it home. I went from "I'm not driving this pos" to "I'm gonna drive the fuck out of it!". 18psi does that to you I guess.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."