Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to tribone
Default SoCal Hardball

Can't make this one guys. Baseball game in the morning and Bridal Meet (Best Man) at 2pm. You guys have fun.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Can't make this one guys. Baseball game in the morning and Bridal Meet (Best Man) at 2pm. You guys have fun.
Do you play hardball? I've played in NABA and PCBL for years.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Do you play hardball? I've played in NABA and PCBL for years.
Yes. Full blown baseball. Minus the $$$ and the big stadiums. Do you still play?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Yes. Full blown baseball. Minus the $$$ and the big stadiums. Do you still play?
Yes. Not this Fall season though. I played PCBL last summer. What league/location/level do you play? Do you have a regular team?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Yes. Not this Fall season though. I played PCBL last summer. What league/location/level do you play? Do you have a regular team?
I play in the Santa Fe Springs/Norwalk Baseball League. I don't know what level that would be but I play in the highest division in our league. We have some college and minor leaguers in our league that play during the off season or if they got cut. We have a regular team. I'm the #1 pitcher as well as the regular third baseman.

Every October we play in a tournament in Arizona in the Minor League fields. We took the tournament last year.

What position do you play?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I play in the Santa Fe Springs/Norwalk Baseball League. I don't know what level that would be but I play in the highest division in our league. We have some college and minor leaguers in our league that play during the off season or if they got cut. We have a regular team. I'm the #1 pitcher as well as the regular third baseman.

Every October we play in a tournament in Arizona in the Minor League fields. We took the tournament last year.

What position do you play?
Catcher. Sounds like your level is roughly the same or slightly higher. We're usually what's called 18A. The range of player is from guys who just played H.S., up through the occasional former AA minor league player like our pitcher. Do you play fall and spring/summer?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Catcher. Sounds like your level is roughly the same or slightly higher. We're usually what's called 18A. The range of player is from guys who just played H.S., up through the occasional former AA minor league player like our pitcher. Do you play fall and spring/summer?
Sounds like its the same competition. We play year round - weather and holiday permitting off course. When one "season" ends, the other begins a couple of weeks after. I also play catcher when ours doesn't show and I don't have to pitch. Only 3 out of 25 have stolen off me so they don't try anymore .

When does your next season start? What area is that league in?
Old 10-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Sounds like its the same competition. We play year round - weather and holiday permitting off course. When one "season" ends, the other begins a couple of weeks after. I also play catcher when ours doesn't show and I don't have to pitch. Only 3 out of 25 have stolen off me so they don't try anymore .

When does your next season start? What area is that league in?
Both North (NABA) and South OC (PCBL). When I was young (17~) I had a slightly faster than big league average glove to glove time. . . not no more ;(

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Both North (NABA) and South OC (PCBL). When I was young (17~) I had a slightly faster than big league average glove to glove time. . . not no more ;(
Cool. It happens to the best of us. I 'member when i had "bat speed".

So why aren't you playing in the fall? Did you get hurt?
Old 10-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Cool. It happens to the best of us. I 'member when i had "bat speed".

So why aren't you playing in the fall? Did you get hurt?
I have a permanently fractured thumb (one of those hairlines that never heals) that I usually play through, but the real reason is I'm helping my wife set up a business which naturally takes far more time and money than you ever really think it will. Hope to play in the spring again. My team has undergone some changes, if it blows up I'll hit you up.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)