Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
He suggested a Demon Holly 750.
Just to clarify, I don't know what a Demon Holley 750 is, but I did recommend a Mighty Demon 750 blower carb. This carb allows you to boost-reference the power valve.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #132
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
Just to clarify, I don't know what a Demon Holley 750 is, but I did recommend a Mighty Demon 750 blower carb. This carb allows you to boost-reference the power valve.
That's good to know. Between my day gig, other MG stuff, and trying to light a fire on this project my brain is a little scrambled, especially cuz I'm not so familiar with some of the parts.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #133

Quote:
That's good to know. Between my day gig, other MG stuff, and trying to light a fire on this project my brain is a little scrambled, especially cuz I'm not so familiar with some of the parts.
Hey, it's all good. I'm just kind of a smart-ass. It's all in fun, though.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #134
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Hey, it's all good. I'm just kind of a smart-ass. It's all in fun, though.
Now being a smart ass is something I understand very well. What's really going to be fun is having our little 10 second car.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #135
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I'll be there Sunday if you want me to take a look. We can also pull a head and see what style of valve relief the pistons have. If they have the four half moon style the biggest valve we can run is a 1.94 which is what my AFR 165s have. If they have two larger reliefs then we can run 2.02 which is what the AFR 185 comes with.
Sounds good. Then I can let Troy know all he needs to know to assemble the heads.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #136
I, Vettezuki

Default Blower Carb

Is this the kind of little Gucci bastard you're talking about?

There also seems to be Mighty Demon and Mighty Demon Barry Grant Blower Carbs (as above). Are there good sources to maybe get these refurbished or some a bit less?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #137

Quote:
Is this the kind of little Gucci bastard you're talking about?

There also seems to be Mighty Demon and Mighty Demon Barry Grant Blower Carbs (as above). Are there good sources to maybe get these refurbished or some a bit less?
Hahaha. Yeah, they are kinda pricey bastards.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #138
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Hahaha. Yeah, they are kinda pricey bastards.
I'm sure they're quite well made and worth the price really. It's just a matter of exploring options and budget control. I need to look at all other likely expenses. One thing is for sure, once this thing is put together, I want it to work repeatedly and reliably. I don't want to dick around with a carburetor after every run because I saved a couple hundred bucks. RX-Snake will be a hot lapping brawler.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #139

So, did you guys pull a head and see what kind of pistons you're dealing with? See what you could scavenge to use on the new heads?

Old 01-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #140
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
So, did you guys pull a head and see what kind of pistons you're dealing with? See what you could scavenge to use on the new heads?
No, I forgot about it until I just read this. I did start to pull the water pump and timing cover so we could check to see if there was a P/N on the cam but Ben doesn't have a harmonic balancer puller so we couldn't do it. If Ben can pull a head and take a picture I can tell you wha they are.